The Retail Distribution Center (RDC) General Manager directs the daily activities of the distribution center including labor scheduling, supervision and proper utilization of space, equipment and man power. This position serves as a contact and coordinator between warehouse operations, customer service, and delivery. The RDC General Manager maintains accountability for safety, quality and productivity as well as the facility and equipment. This position works on the system to provide leadership, direction and set targets. This position will establish, eliminate, improve, and/or alter processes impacting retail distribution center efficiencies and effectiveness while contributing to the overall improvement of the HomeStore targeted measures of throughput inventory and operating expenses.
The RDC General Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with Company and legal policies, procedures, and regulations for the distribution center by analyzing and interpreting reports; implementing and monitoring Human Resource compliance, asset protection and safety controls, overseeing safety, operational and quality assurance reviews; developing and implementing action plans to improve performance, providing direction and guidance on executing Company programs and directing the management team in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation and assigned records.
The RDC General Manager is accountable to drive the financial performance of the distribution center by ensuring that budgeted productivity, labor and other expenses are achieved. This position will lead the management team in controlling expenses and labor to ensure expenses adhere to the budget and sales volume; create and implement plans to improve the financial performance of the warehouse.
Who Are We?
- Plan and schedule all warehousing services including receiving, delivery, shop, handling returned/damaged goods, maintenance and administrative activities to ensure the customer requirements are met in an efficient manner. Ensure current and accurate inventory control measures are maintained for all finished goods within the warehouse.
- Assess and make recommendations to management on programs to improve warehouse operations. Develop and direct programs to maintain cost-effective operations and utilization of the facility. Effectively plan utilization of equipment to meet business needs and minimize costs.
- Work with the maintenance management to develop and implement a program of equipment maintenance.
- Ensure warehouse housekeeping, safety, security, organization and sanitation are at an acceptable level on a daily basis.
- Promote new methods to reduce damage to products, equipment and facilities.
- Make recommendations to management regarding the planning of space utilization to meet business demands and cost control.
- Develop and maintain the operational budget.
- Maintain and analyze key warehouse measurements for self and operations supervisors and develop plans for areas that need improvements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding HomeStore Delivery operations. Ensure accuracy to all DOT records from delivery drivers prior to forwarding to Transportation Department. Coordinate and organize paperwork, Bills of Lading, etc., daily and forward to appropriate personnel.
- Communicate with HomeStore personnel on customer pick-ups, returns, cancellations, deliveries, reschedules and add-ons. Ensure all HomeStore delivery/pick-up product is inspected and meets necessary quality standards. Ensure all variations to the quality standards are documented and forwarded to the appropriate personnel for further review.
- Plan, develop and implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities
- Review receiving volume in order to proactively anticipate inventory levels
- Lead process improvement events such as Kaizens, system upgrade implementations, safety blitzes, general process path projects, etc. Coach and teach LEAN and other continuous improvement strategies and methodologies within specific area of responsibility. Own the validation and quantification of financial gains of process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with Company and legal policies, procedures, and regulations for the distribution center.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.