This job posting is no longer active.
Are you a college student seeking a Fall internship? Do you have a strategic mindset with a strong aptitude for creative thinking and brand awareness? Are you a relationship builder who likes to collaborate effectively with multiple teams? Do you want to take that excitement, creativity and knowledge and work for a world-class organization? -Then apply today to our Marketing team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer and number one furniture retailer in North America!
* Interns are expected to work onsite at our corporate office in Tampa, Florida.
The Brand Activation Marketing Intern is an integral member of the team that supports experiential marketing, and event integrations within our local markets to help drive awareness and consideration of the Ashley brand. This position coordinates day-to-today project implementation in support of Local Community Events and Activations. This involves collaboration across the organization and with outside vendors to ensure communications are on strategy.
What Will You Do?
- Assist in executing overall experiential marketing strategy based on customer insights, business needs, and trends to drive brand awareness and consideration.
- Assist the Marketing Specialist with strategizing, coordinating and executing the in-store activation calendar.
- Conduct event research to support the planning stages of national events.
- Initiate and maintain community relationships.
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute events to support product launches and seasonal campaigns.
- Assist with other events such as Grand Openings, goodwill campaigns and community events.
What Do You Need?
- Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Advertisement, or related field
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising principles
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy creative brainstorming
Who Are We?
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.