Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to join our team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Director of Vendor Management
The Director of Vendor Management is responsible for developing business strategies and assortment plans to maximize the Company’s brand and ecommerce platform while ensuring strategic selection consistency across channels (ecommerce and brick-and-mortar stores). This position will support senior leadership to drive category level selection expansion and vendor management by negotiating and managing all supplier relationships. This leadership role is responsible for the strategy, planning, oversight, and delivery of the Vendor Relationship Management program and function. The successful candidate will have deep expertise in people management and development, negotiations, and direct vendor oversight.
- Responsible for 5-15 direct reports
- Guide the day to day vendor relationship management activities across multiple internal service areas.
- Collaborate with Site Merchandising and Store/Site operations as they manage overall performance of supplier partners across all channels.
- Drive each furniture category specific sales efforts by filling gaps in site selection based on onsite metrics, traffic, sales data, etc. Sources vendors via attendance tradeshows, online research, and network.
- Develop and optimize the home furnishings merchandise mix on the website to support continued growth in the ecommerce business.
- Maintains technical acumen to manage and optimize business requirements within technical platforms and integrations such as marketplace platforms and transmissions such as Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Leads the escalations related to managed vendors in the areas of Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance, Financial Goals and Selection targets. Works with Supplier Senior Management to resolve all issues and achieve mutual targets.
- Utilizes prior work experience to develop a reporting system/approach that tracks all Key performance indicators (KPIs) and uses the tools to drive performances goals and improvements in specific categories where necessary.
- Shows the clear ability to apply critical thinking, strategy development, and vision towards the growth of the vendor relationship management program, while also overseeing the day-to-day execution in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Translates the usage of industry best practices to the overall program, utilizing external sources such as benchmarking, data, and processes to continually drive improvements linked to an overall strategy
- Review performance and initiatives; develop alignment with Marketing, Buying and Planning to ensure delivery against stated sales and margin targets.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 10 years of experience in ecommerce merchandising, preferably in Home Furnishings, with B2C sales for a major retail brand, Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience, Required. MBA preferred.
- Product sensibility and ability to merchandise site in a visually appealing way
- Business sensibility to identify and capitalize on current trends and incorporate them into short- and long-term merchandising plans
- Strong experience in developing frameworks to analyze and report on ecommerce merchandising performance
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong sense of brand and customer experience
- Provide effective leadership, promote teamwork, and demonstrate the ability to lead people to get results
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Document management system
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.