This job posting is no longer active.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with an Organization that values your skills, leadership, and wants to help you grow? Are you a master in continuous improvement who likes to work in a fast-paced environment? Use your skills and experience and choose to be excellent!
Then apply today to our Manufacturing Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Operations Manager- Frame Mill
The Operations Manager will direct production activities for multiple departments, work centers and processes on an assigned shift. This position will lead and mentor production Supervisors to achieve overall performance goals for production, cost, quality and safety. The Operations Manager will coordinate production activities through planning with departmental Supervisors, Schedulers, HR Managers and Quality Systems Trainers to ensure that manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
What Will You Do?
- Direct production activities for multiple departments, work centers and processes on an assigned shift.
- Lead the efforts to develop new processes and improve product quality by working with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Plan in a forward capacity by working with purchasing and production and inventory control to achieve and maintain product flow to meet production and financial objectives.
- Ensure that shift personnel adhere to the highest standards of shop floor organization and plant cleanliness.
- Work to maintain budget for functional area.
- Ensure adequate staffing to meet production needs.
- Ensure employees receive proper safety training, maintain a safe work environment and perform safe work practices; perform regular safety audits
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
• Associate Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
• 5 years’ experience in production leadership or related area, Required
• Supervisory/Management experience
• Management of resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials
• Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Quality Improvement principles
• System improvement methods and capacity planning and product flow
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.