Ashley Global Retail, LLC
Eau Claire, WI, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
Summary The Store Manager is a role model for building and maintaining the guest relationships that are the foundation of the Company’s retail sales success. This position will develop and lead retail store associates and other store employees in the implementation of the Company’s sales approach, perform store operations functions such as opening and closing the store and maintain compliance with the Company’s policies and operating procedures to ensure the delivery of an exceptional in-store experience for every guest that results in increased store sales, profitability and customer loyalty.
The Store Manager is accountable for meeting and exceeding store customer satisfaction and sales targets which include sales per guest (SPG), Gross Margin Return, (Digital) Net Promoter Score ((D)NPS) and other key performance metrics.
Primary Job Functions This section describes the primary /essential responsibilities that this job performs.
1. Lead the store in meeting and exceeding sales goals, Sales Per Guest (SPG), (Digital) Net Promoter Score ((D)NPS) and other key performance metrics. Optimize guest conversion and sales tickets by ensuring the deployment of the Company’s sales approach.
2. Maintain a visible presence on the sales floor, role-modeling the selling process, personally interacting with guests and being in a position to positively impact the sales process and ensure the Company’s brand is properly represented. Resolve guest issues in a professional, helpful manner that strikes the proper balance between guest satisfaction and financial responsibility to the company.
3. Engage all employees to ensure all aspects of the store are focused on a positive guest experience, including visual, sales, service and delivery.
4. Develop and implement sales plans to create and maintain a culture of accountability and to ensure a continued focus on sales performance and other goal attainment.
5. Use staffing-to-traffic methodologies to properly staff and manage the sales floor; prioritize daily responsibilities and tasks.
6. Ensure compliance with store operating policies and procedures including advertising and promotions, merchandise layouts, pricing, beginning and end-of-day, store appearance, human resources, health and safety, etc. Maintain operational standards and office administrative routines and processes.
7. Analyze daily operational and financial reports to determine the store’s results and performance trends and take prompt corrective action to remedy significant variance.
8. Create an engaging, positive working environment and strong selling culture; recognize and reward top performers.
9. Participate in velocity walks to assess and respond to category sales performance.
10. Monitor, manage and approve controllable expenses such as utilities, maintenance, shrinkages and cash overage/shortage.
11. Maintain high levels of knowledge an all Company products, promotions and store procedures.
12. Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
13. Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
14. Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
15. Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
16. Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
17. Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.