Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
What Will You Do?
As an Agile Coach, you will coach, mentor, and guide our people to figure out the best solutions for their specific department challenges. The Agile Coach’s work results in sustainable team improvement in delivery, knowledge, and ownership of how they work. The coach identifies potential areas of focus to address delivery problems, team dynamics, and systemic issues, recommending strategies for improvement within their scope of impact.
The Agile Coach will be a leader in the Ashley Agility Transformation. The coach will leverage their skills in teaching, mentoring, facilitating, and coaching to build high performing teams and team of teams.
The Agile Coach will coach multiple teams and will adopt the appropriate Coaching approach for the moment. The approach will be grounded on these required capabilities.
- Agile / Lean Practitioner: Be a confident holder of the knowledge of Agile Values, Principles and mindset to lead teams in the transformation to an appropriate and purposeful way of working. Demonstrate a deep understanding of how these help both the individual and the organization deliver value in an easier and better manner. Knowledgeable of Scaling Frameworks, Lean, and process improvement facilitation techniques including Maturity Models, Root Cause Analysis, Agile Metrics.
- Teaching: Teach the Agile Mindset, Values, and practices that help individuals and teams build better software. Deliver training that is useful, timely and easily consumable by the audience. Training will be delivered in-person in classroom format, in-person and virtual workshops and recorded video. The coach will be able to develop new training materials. This will be in the form of presentations, hand-outs and in-person workshops that are tied to a learning objective.
- Mentoring: The coach uses experience to provide specific guidance to the Scrum Master, Product Owner, IT Manager and team members on practices to improve outcomes. These will be situational and will require the coach to have hands-on experience with the software development life cycles both waterfall and scrum to ensure they are mentoring from a base of experience.
- Professional Coaching: Provide individuals with coaching that helps them to work through the things that is slowing them or their team’s down. This involves the coach being able to manage themselves so that they can provide a forum for personal improvement.
- Facilitation: Lead teams through collaboration events so that they are able to bring the full power of the team to bear on the software develpoment challenges. The coach will have the ability to recognize the engagement modes needed for various types of events and have the ability to flex the approach to meet the moment.
- Optional Specialization:
a. The coach will have a strength in one of these three specialization areas:
b. The coach will utilize this deep knowledge to help improve the performance, skills and capabiliites of the teams and leaders they are coaching.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 5 Years coaching Agile Teams
- 10 Years working in Information Technology
- 5 Years leading Software Delivery teams as a Scrum Master, Project Manager, Agile Program manager, etc with demonstrated ability to deliver for the business
- Bachelors Degree with Computer Science, MIS, or related technical major that included programming and systems basics.
- Licenses or Certifications
o Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Preferred to have one or more of these:
o Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster (CSP-SM)
o Scrum Alliance Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
o Scaled Agile Framework – SPC
o PMI – ACP
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.