Are you a technology buff with a strong understanding of data who can think outside the box?
Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
IT Project Manager - Transportation Systems
What Will You Do?
Lead and organize a project group of IT professionals and business partners. Plan and develop schedules and communications to keep team moving delivering to timelines of projects to come in on time and on budget. Design, develop, implement a cadence that is the focus of the project deliverables and accountability and communication; take advantage of technology opportunities. Support delivery and business teams by removing obstacles and connecting people. Assist the Director and her Managers, and Company Executive management in establishing an understanding of the current state, next steps, timelines, and obstacles of each project in Transportation. Carry out the project strategy including following up with team members and vendors on issues and deliverables.
- Manage the intake of new projects and the demand process. Review demands for completeness. Assist business with Business Value Model.
- Provide updates in the Portfolio Review Meeting to cover projects with the business executive team. Complete process to request funds for projects.
- Work with business, IT resources, and third-party vendors to establish project timelines, resource needs and costs. Plan, direct, and assure the timely completion of the work to meet project objectives. Communicate a clear definition and understanding of the work requirements and goals as well as any constraints in terms of time, policy, cost, or quality. Determine obstacles in the project team and seek the resolutions through coordination within the team or outside the team utilizing tools to convey the issue and need. Assign tasks to group members, arrange for assistance required from other IT/business groups, and formulate a project plan to achieve the goals. Monitor, coordinate, assist, and perform tasks as required to complete the defined work. Identify and resolve constraints that impede timely work completion. Follow, promote, and improve departmental and company procedures, methods and processes.
- Consult with Sr. Director, Logistics and other IT directors and managers in the development of Project strategy, tactics, plans and processes. Assist Sr. Director with creation of decks for IT Senior Management meetings.
- Functional Management in Project development and problem solving, continuous improvement, training, procedural development activities as necessary to carry out the project mission. Assist others with problem solving activities and internal IT Processes development.
- Build and distribute status communications to project owners. Establish and conduct Steering Committees as needed for large projects. Conduct cross-functional IT meetings for projects requiring deliverables from other IT teams.
- Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
What Do You Need?
- 2 years managing IT projects with business partners and across IT areas
- Prefer exposure to Transportation or Supply Chain projects
- Project Management sufficient to direct others.
- Tight Project Management cadence.
- IT Terminology, Project Management, Flowcharting (Visio), MS Office.
- High paced environment with changing priorities.
- Conveying information quickly and concisely through PowerPoint
- Mastery of PowerPoint and Microsoft Project
- Generates suggestions to improve processes
- Create, interpret, and analyze Continuous Improvement
- Effective at communicating and presenting ideas to management, customers and end users
- Ability to create and sell an idea
- Ability to influence others
- Expert in using Project Management
- Displays project leadership
- Capable of developing a short and long range plans for area of responsibility
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- High School Diploma plus 2 year associates degree
- Significant Company experience with internal education
- 4 year College Degree
- PMP certification
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only