Ashley Furniture Industries, LLC.
Advance, NC, United States
The Engineering Technician: Mechanical & Assembly Industrial Equipment will assist automation engineers, programmers and designers to achieve a finished piece of automated industrial machinery.
The ETM will fabricate parts from a 2D or 3D drawing using general hand tools, power tools, bandsaws and drill presses. This position will also be assembling complete machines by reading 2D and 3D drawings provided by the automation designers and engineers.
The ETM will work with PLC/ Robotic programmers to read electrical schematics as well as wiring complete machines. The ETM will learn what wire colors are for what purposes as well as learn to terminate connections correctly using the proper labeling techniques for wires and cables.
· Entry level Technical Associates Degree and 0-2 years’ experience or High School Diploma and 0-4 years technical experience
· Mid-level: Technical Associates Degree and 3-5 years’ experience or High School Diploma and 5-7 years’ experience
· Senior level: Technical Associates Degree and 7+ years’ experience or High School Diploma and 10+ years’ experience
• Assemble parts from 2D and 3D drawings to complete and entire assembled machine.
• Install machines or equipment built on the factory floor.
• Make holes by using a drill press or cordless drill and using taps for threading purposes.
• Use a dial indicator for aligning linear bearings or aligning other devices.
•Experience with power tools required
·Stay current with engineering concepts, manufacturing techniques and quality concepts; train other individuals and departments in the same.
• Inspect and measure all parts that are being created and assembled for desired result.
• Attend all scheduled training sessions.
• Maintain reliable attendance.
• Work as a member of a team.
• Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job function