Ashley Global Retail, LLC
Gainesville, FL, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
The Sales Manager is a role model for building and maintaining guest relationships that are the foundation of the Company’s retail sales success. This position will work with the store manager to develop and lead retail sales associates in the implementation of the Company’s sales approach, perform store operations functions such as opening and closing the store, and maintain compliance with the Company’s policies and operating procedures to ensure the delivery of an exceptional in-store experience for every guest that results in increased store sales, profitability and guest loyalty.
The Sales Manager is responsible for coaching sales technique and sales performance for the retail sales associates (RSA). This position is also responsible for ensuring that all RSAs complete and implement all designated training.
The Sales Manager is accountable for assisting in meeting and exceeding guest satisfaction and sales targets, which includes Sales per Guest (SPG), Gross Margin, (Digital) Net Promoter Score ((D)NPS) and other key performance metrics.
Primary Job Functions
This section describes the primary /essential responsibilities that this job performs.
1. Co-lead the store retail sales associates in meeting and exceeding sales goals, Sales per Guest (SPG), (Digital) Net Promoter Score ((D)NPS) and other key performance metrics. Optimize guest conversion and sales tickets by ensuring the deployment of the Company’s sales approach.
2. Maintain a visible presence on the sales floor, role modeling the selling process, personally interacting with guests and being in a position to positively impact the sales process and ensure the Company’s brand is properly represented. Resolve guest issues in a professional, helpful manner that strikes the proper balance between guest satisfaction and financial responsibility to the company.
3. Participate in developing and implementing sales plans to create a culture of accountability and to ensure a continued focus on sales performance and other goal attainment.
4. Ensure compliance with store operating polices and procedures, including advertising and promotions, merchandise layouts, pricing, beginning and end-of day, store appearance, human resources, health and safety, etc. Maintain operational standards and office administrative routines and processes.
5. Use staffing-to-traffic methodologies to properly staff and manage the sales floor; prioritize daily responsibilities and tasks.
6. Analyze operational and financial reports to determine the store’s results and performance trends, and take prompt corrective action to remedy significant variance.
7. Create an engaging, positive working environment and strong selling culture; recognize and reward top performers.
8. Serve as the Manager on duty, managing the store in the absence of the store manager.
9. Participate in “velocity walks” to assess and respond to category sales performance.
10. Maintain high levels of knowledge on all Company products, promotions and store procedures.
11. Assist with employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
12. Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
13. Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
14. Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
15. Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
16. Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Secondary Job Functions
This section describes the secondary responsibilities that this job performs.
1. Perform competitive shopping to stay abreast of the local competitive environment.
2. Promote and build the Company’s brand through active involvement in community functions and events, such as the Chamber of Commerce, Kiwanis, Rotary Club or other local merchant or volunteer organizations.
3. Learn the home furnishings industry to establish a strong understanding of the Company’s products and their positioning in the marketplace, as well as the processes and procedures in how the business is operated.
4. Maintain reliable attendance.
5. Actively participate in departmental meetings, training and education. Assist with training other employees and providing backup.
6. Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
• Associate degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
• 2 years’ experience in retail sales, Required
• Supervisory/Management experience
• Strong knowledge of furniture products and styles
• Strong business knowledge with basic financial acumen
• Exceptional relationship building skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Work independently as well as in a team environment
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Maintain confidentiality
• Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
• Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
• Proficient with various mobile devices
• Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
• Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
• Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
• Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries