This job posting is no longer active.
Full Job Description
Locations: Brandon-FL (Preferred), other locations includes Ybor City-FL, Advance-NC.
The Retail Systems Support Technician will act as the front line/ first level of support for retailer operational and support questions / problems / needs. The Retail Systems Support Technician will also assist in setup, testing and training of Homes and Mars application offerings. He or she will also be responsible to maintain a strong client relationship with customers and all levels of store management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor daily the maintenance, support, and training of customers using the retail technology offerings. Provide secure access to applications, drives, printers, devices, and other retail store equipment.
- Monitor daily the availability of our network services provided to the retail customers for Homes and Mars applications (credit/debit/gift card processing, host, signage, digital marketing) and troubleshoot issues when they occur to restore them within a reasonable timeframe
- Provide first line hardware support for all PCs, printers, iPads, network devices and peripherals for our retail stores. Assist in maintaining a full inventory of all retail store IT equipment.
- Maintain/uphold payment card security standards as mandated by PCI-DSS
- Maintain updated knowledge of new technologies; both hardware and software, through research and review. Share and discuss findings and participate in activities to develop new services that would benefit both Ashley Global Retail and our Retail Stores.
- Ability to travel often to retail stores
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or other related field is preferred
- (2-5) years of professional experience in the retail systems environment using computer systems and front end operations, supermarket, mass merchandiser, drug, etc.
- Excellent P/C skills; experience with technical usage and knowledge of various retail business application S/W; networking; and other retail technology products.
- Excellent skills in areas of analysis ; problem solving ; oral communication; conflict management
- Ability to deal with all levels of management
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to understand complex retail business issues and recommend solutions
- Willingness to embrace mundane tasks with as much enthusiasm and attention as high level strategic tasks.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proven computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft word and Excel.
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
Must be able to operate a variety of office machines and equipment such as computers, printers, telephones, routers, modems, etc. Physical demands require that the individual can lift up to 50 lbs and can work on their feet for long periods of time. Individual must have a valid driver’s. Who Are We?
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.