This job posting is no longer active.
The Senior Corporate Counsel is responsible for providing legal research and advice, both proactively and reactively, in all assigned subject areas, specifically identifying legal requirements, emerging trends and reoccurring issues, and develop strategies to minimize legal liability.
The Senior Corporate Counsel is accountable for timely, accurate and effective legal guidance in assigned subject areas.
Who Are We?
- Provide proactive legal advice and counsel on assigned subject areas.
- Recommend and implement best practices and proactive strategies consistent with legal requirements and emerging trends to minimize liability and promote the Company’s strategic plan.
- Proactively identify recurring issues in assigned subject areas and provide advice and counsel to business leaders on complex issues that could impact organization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop, review and revise, as required, company policies and procedures in assigned subject areas. Recommend changes to policies based on legal developments.
- Select, manage and oversee outside counsel in assigned subject areas and within the parameters set by the General Counsel.
- Review and approve discovery documents, litigation pleadings, motions and briefs prepared by outside or internal counsel within assigned subject areas.
- Attend depositions, mediation, conferences, trials and meetings with regulators as necessary as within assigned subject areas.
- Prepare reports for senior mangement and provide recommendations, as appropriate.
- Investigate and respond to legal claims in assigned subject areas.
- Pursue ongoing professional development in current areas of responsibility and in relevant, emerging areas of the law.
- Conduct legal research and analysis as necessary.
- Draft, review and/or negotiate contracts as necessary.
- Direct audits in defined areas of risk.
- Devise and conduct employee training as needed on relevant issues.
- May make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- May coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- May manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- May audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- May communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- May manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.