Ashley Furniture Industries, LLC.
Tampa, FL, United States
Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry’s broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
· The I&O Solution Architect is responsible for the overall solution identification and architectural design for a Infrastructure & Operations ensuring that the solution implemented aligns with and meets the business outcomes requested while adhering to IT principles and standards.
· This position will oversee the development and maintenance of a complete set of architectural artifacts. These artifacts should accurately reflect Ashley systems, all interactions and data flows, and the underlying security and infrastructure.
· The I&O Solution Architect will identify the business capabilities and user roles supported or impacted by the solution and its implementation.
· This position will also be overseeing maintenance of the ecosystem information on all applications within the assigned business area(s), including current components and interfaces and roadmaps for future enhancements or other changes.
The Solution Architect is accountable for a deep understanding of business goals and objectives and for facilitating the collaboration on business outcomes, capabilities, and value-streams. Accountability also includes the creation, maintenance, and accuracy of both the architectural artifacts and the ecosystem records for the applications and systems within the assigned business areas as well as cross-domain coordination, orchestration, and planning to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the delivery lifecycle.
Primary Job Functions
This section describes the primary /essential responsibilities that this job performs.
1. For a given project or initiative, it is the I&O Solution Architect’s role to oversee the overall solution design and development and ensure it meets both business and IT requirements while adhering to IT principles and standards for an entire business domain.
2. Developing, delivering, and maintaining appropriate business domain initiative and solution level architecture plans, roadmaps, and environments.
3. Leading evaluation, design, and analysis for the implementation of a solution architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities, value-streams, business requirements, and enterprise standards.
4. Managing and developing the architecture for a broader scope of projects or products, working closely with technical architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or product or initiative.
5. Leading the effort and having primary responsibility for the creation of the architecture blueprint for the solution.
6. Ensuring design decisions support the long-term health of the IT ecosystem enterprise wide with fiduciary and operational excellence as to avoid a short-term or isolated solution.
7. Ensuring the individual components of the solution adhere to applicable principles and standards identified in each respective area and that all components of the design are aligned and integrate well with existing systems.
8. Translating business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work. Ensuring that any new systems or system changes are updated in the appropriate ecosystem repositories.
9. Serve as the technical contact and liaison between Strategic Architecture and the business areas assigned.
10. Participate in System Knowledge Management by maintaining ecosystem information on applications and systems deployed in assigned business areas.
11. Define and document best practices and contribute to company knowledge sharing.
12. Assist in the development, review, and socialization of IT standards and principles.
13. Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
14. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends; keep the team up-to-date with changes, trends, and insights; drive innovation into solution architecture.
15. Demonstrate both the ability and desire to mentor others, especially with respect to understanding and development of architectural artifacts.
16. Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
· Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field or equivalent work experience, Required.
· 10 years of experience in architecture, Required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of leading industry practices around industry architecture for a business domain
· Understanding of software and solution delivery life-cycle management
· Strong in-depth knowledge in Network, Firewall, Server, Database and/or Cloud Platforms.
· Experience in Cisco, Palo Alto, MS Azure, AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes, MS SQL - among other common Infrastructure technologies
· Strong in-depth knowledge in data, service, and messaging integration and orchestration
· Strong database modeling, design, execution, and operational maturity skills
· Strong working knowledge of cloud first and hybrid cloud solutions
· Experience with predictable delivery with DevOps adhering to security and audit controls
· Ability to create and maintain architectural artifacts, including detailed architectural diagrams; knowledge of Archimate, UML, or similar modeling a plus
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
· Keen interest in following emerging technologies and ability to determine and articulate how they could or should be applied along with assessment of business value
· Strong skills in project management methods and techniques, especially in an Agile environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Work independently as well as in a team environment
· Document management system
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Maintain confidentiality
· Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
· Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
· Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
· Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
· Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
· Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Who Are We?
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.