The Retail Distribution Center (RDC) Operations Manager directs the daily production activities of various warehouse departments. This position will lead and mentor RDC Operations Supervisors to achieve overall performance goals for production, labor, cost, quality and safety. The RDC Operations Manager is accountable for safety, quality and productivity as well as the facility and equipment. The RDC Operations Manager assists with ensuring compliance with Company and legal policies, procedures and regulations for the Distribution Center by assisting in the analysis and interpretation of reports; implementing and monitoring Human Resources compliance, asset protection and safety controls, overseeing safety, operational and quality assurance reviews; assisting in the development and implementation of action plans to improve performance, following direction and providing guidance on executing Company programs and directing the Supervisor team in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation and assigned records. The RDC Operations Manager is accountable for assisting to drive the financial performance of the Distribution Center by ensuring that budgeted productivity, labor and other expenses are achieved. This position will lead the Supervisor team in controlling expenses and labor to ensure expenses adhere to the budget and sales volume. This position will also assist in the creation and implementation of plans to improve the financial performance of the warehouse.
- Provide direct daily supervision to operations supervisors to ensure a safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse that meets service standards.
- Assists RDC management in developing programs to train and motivate personnel for increased effectiveness and professional development.
- Make recommendations on programs to improve warehouse operations.
- Lead assigned team to ensure that customer requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist RDC management in planning short-term and long-term labor needs based on sales forecasts, daily activity needs and direction from management as well as other business decisions.
- Work with Maintenance to ensure the current program of equipment maintenance and facility maintenance is being followed.
- Ensure distribution center housekeeping, security, organization and sanitation are at an acceptable level on a daily basis.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding HomeStore Delivery operations. Ensure accuracy of all DOT records from delivery drivers prior to forwarding to Transportation Department. Coordinate and organize paperwork, Bills of Lading, Manifest, etc., daily and forward to appropriate personnel.
- Communicate with HomeStore personnel on customer pick-ups, returns, cancellations, deliveries, reschedules and add-ons. Ensure all HomeStore Delivery/Pick-up product is inspected and meets necessary quality standards. Ensure all variations to the quality standards are documented and forwarded to the appropriate personnel for further review.
- Ensure that damage to products, equipment and facilities are prevented at all times.
- Champion all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. Complete safety walks within area of responsibility; validate and document safety incidents. Lead process improvement events to improve safety standards.
- Occasionally ride along with HomeStore Delivery teams and Service Technicians for performance observation, paperwork accuracy and customer feedback.
- Control inventory integrity within area of responsibility. Partner with Inventory leadership regularly to discuss inventory gaps. Create and execute action plans to correct systematic and behavioral issues that negatively affect inventory integrity.
- Lead and oversee process improvement events such as Kaizens, system upgrade implementations, safety blitzes, general process path projects, etc. Coach and teach LEAN and other continuous improvement strategies and methodologies within specific area of responsibility. Own the validation and quantification of financial gains of process improvements.
- Maintains and analyze Key Measurements of all Warehouse Supervisors and assist in the development of plans for areas that need improvement.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Who Are We?
• We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
• We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
• Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
• Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
• Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.