The Senior Director Distribution Center Maintenance is responsible for leading all maintenance & facilities related strategic and tactical efforts within Ashley’s Distribution Center. This position is a key member of the senior leadership team and will have responsibility over multi sites in North America. The successful candidate will develop and implement effective maintenance programs to reduce R&M expense, improve reliability, security, efficiency, and safety. This position will oversee the implementation of multiple projects, and the establishment of metrics to drive a culture of continuous improvement. This position may have other related duties as assigned.
Who Are We?
- Lead a maintenance organization that oversees (but not limited to) facilities, machine maintenance, PIV fleet management, racking & expansion projects, grounds maintenance, electrical, HVAC, etc.
- Guide, lead and assists in the stand up of robust maintenance organization with strategically placed centralized and local reporting structures comprising of managers, technicians, analysts, etc.
- Lead and participate in mitigation steps for issues leading to production disruption, including power and network outages, infrastructure damage and other unforeseen events.
- Oversee relevant aspects of expansion projects and new DC openings including equipment planning, racking design and layout and facilities planning.
- Leverage systems & technology to adopt a proactive maintenance plan including regular PMs, LOTO, safety audits, etc.
- Work with internal stakeholders and local jurisdictions and inspectors to ensure compliance with permits, local building codes and all local/state/federal regulations
- Assist with definition of work scopes, soliciting and analyzing qualified bidders and bids, and negotiation of terms and performance standards for maintenance related contracts
- Maintain communication (all forms including written reports) with leadership teams, internal stakeholders, and outside clients to convey information and gain feedback to maintain compliance and adherence to established internal controls
- Ensure that facilities management maintains an elevated level of emergency preparedness at all times, and serve as a key player in all facilities-related emergency response situations and overall safety .
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.