Are you a customer centric individual looking for a growth-focused company? Do you have a passion and drive to continuously improve processes, procedures and employees in order to meet operational excellence? Do you want to take that passion and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer and the number one retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States!
Since 1945, our teamwork, systems and desire to continuously improve demonstrates a company whose passion is put into every action.
Import Documentation Specialist
Location: Open to filling in Arcadia or Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
What Will You Do?
You will audit and prepare import documentation for customs entry and vendor payment in accordance with established deadlines. Responsible for all aspects of import documentation auditing and retention processes including ensuring that import documentation is retained within company’s electronic storage system.
What Do You Need?
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Required
- Some college credited courses or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of Office Support, Clerical or Administrative work, Required
Who Are We?
- Audit and prepare import documentation for customs entry and vendor payment; responsible for effectively researching, tracking and resolving documentation problems or discrepancies.
- Establish and maintain effective communication, coordination and working relations with international vendors and international office staff.
- Update computer system with required documentation receipt information according to established deadlines to ensure timely vendor payment and customs clearance.
- Maintain, organize and complete documentation auditing processes in accordance with established deadlines, including but not limited to vendor payment and customs clearance; request missing documentation when necessary.
- Ensure release of cargo by tendering original Ocean Bill of Lading (OBL) to the ocean carries when applicable.
- Maintain an accurate e-mail address listing for international vendors and offices.
- Ensure import documentation is retained within electronic storage system which includes but is not limited to batching, scanning, indexing, and committing of documents. Expedite time sensitive documentation as needed. Audit to verify electronic purchase order file contains all required documents.
- Audit third party courier service billing to ensure accuracy; research and resolve discrepancies as needed; approve payment.
- Maintain and retain international correspondence in accordance with established U.S. Customs requirements.
- Collect and update information in accordance with team key process measures.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the International Documentation Team; make recommendations for changes and implement upon manager’s approval.
- Determine areas in need of improvement, make recommendations and assist with creating, implementing and monitoring process improvement changes.
- Stay current with importing rules and regulations as well as changes within the international shipping industry; communicate relevant findings to management.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.