This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have innate problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to self-manage and an intellectual curiosity always leading you to continue to learn and advance? Do you want to take those skills and passions and apply it to a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our Finance Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our large in-house finance team strives daily to take our multi-billion-dollar business to the next level!
Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will respond to customer inquiries regarding orders, billing inquiries and technical problem notifications. The individual in this role will also document customer trouble reports and escalate according to established standard operating procedures. Review requests, contact customers to clarify requests and ensure all necessary information is included and may route requests to the appropriate department. Maintain prompt, efficient, and accurate data entry to ensure customer issues are solved timely and exhibit superior customer service.
What Will You Do?
- Assist team members with customer issues and escalated calls; follow up as necessary.
- Run and balance Accounts Receivable transactions.
- Complete month-end processes for ecommerce and retail according to standard operating procedures.
- Handle credit card disputes for retail and ecommerce customers, according to standard operating procedures.
- Reconcile UPS shipments and billing, request credits accordingly.
- Monitor and maintain customers’ accounts and ensure customer information is accurate and up to date in the customer service management (CSM) system as needed.
- Use a variety of methods to professionally communicate with internal and external customers throughout the business day regarding order submission and credit card transaction issues; work to resolve in a timely and efficient manner.
- Compile information to update and generate specified reporting according to standard operating procedures and provide to management.
- When funding is denied, contact customer for payment; when customer is unable or unwilling to pay, turn customer over to collection company as needed.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- Associate degree in an accounting related field or equivalent work experience, Required
- 1-yearexperience in customer service or related field, Required
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals only.