Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
The Enterprise Integration department is looking for a highly motivated engineer with a strong DevSecOps focus to help them with their DevOps transformation. A successful candidate will be intellectually curious, passionate about DevSecOps and come from a software development background.
The DevSecOps Engineer works to foster a DevOps culture, to continually improve system quality, and reduce time to market.
- Promote and foster an operational mindset, the value of technical quality, emerging technologies, information sharing, and experimentation throughout the organization
- Mentor teams to help them continuously improve the department's DevSecOps practices
- Constantly monitor current DevSecOps practices and provide solutions to overcome current shortcomings and difficulties
- Build and maintain reusable components to solve common build, testing, analysis, and deployment scenarios to enable faster time to production
- Automate and improve developer platforms to increase quality and compliance with standards and governance while reducing the burden on the average developer
- Publish and disseminate continuous integration and deployment best practices, patterns, standards, and solutions
- Consult on DevSecOps requirements with feature teams and business partners
- Identify, design, and implement solutions to meet continuous integration and deployment needs
- Ensure the observability of new and existing systems
- Help teams meet or exceed SLAs/OLAs for their services
- Troubleshoot, identify, and fix problems in the DevSecOps domain
- Actively participate in bridge calls with team members and contractors/vendors to prevent or quickly address problems
Who Are We?
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four or more years of related experience or demonstrable level of proficiency
- Three or more years of experience working with cloud service providers such as Azure, AWS, or GCP, (Azure preferred)
- Comprehensive experience using DevSecOps tools like GitHub, Azure DevOps, Jira, SonarQube, Black Duck, etc.
- Thorough knowledge and experience using DevOps automation and IaC toolchains e.g., Terraform, ARM, Bicep, GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps Pipelines, Git, etc.
- Thorough understanding of quality non-functional requirements e.g., availability, reliability, resilience, scalability, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of container technologies including Kubernetes
- Proficiency with one or more shell/scripting languages like PowerShell, Zsh, Bash, etc. (PowerShell preferred)
- Familiarity with information security frameworks and standards
- Familiarity with API Security, Container Security, and Cloud Security
- Understanding and experience working with agile development methodologies
- Expert in using modern DevOps tools and practices including source control, containers, IaC, CaC, continuous integration and deployment, and more
- Interpersonal skills along with the ability to work in a team
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to spot and fix errors in complex code
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to perform tasks independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Ashley Furniture Industries, LLC, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity unless an agreement is in place. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ashley Furniture via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ashley Furniture. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ashley Furniture as a result of the referral or through other means.