Ashley Furniture Industries, LLC.
Pottsville, PA, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
Build Your Career with Ashley
Upholstery Assembly Supervisor
What Will You Do? : You will plan, direct, and assign work activities in a manufacturing department. Support and implement policies and procedures and recommend improvements in operation methods, equipment, people, materials and working conditions. Manage and improve functional areas and institute performance measures through use and interpretations of Continuous Improvement tools. Improve working conditions and processes (safety, quality, productivity, and cost) including supporting and directing employee to participate in improvement programs
· Listen, respond to and address employee concerns.
· Coordinate with other supervision to ensure all operation activities are coordinated as an integrated whole.
· Manage and improve functional areas and institute performance measures through use and interpretations of Continuous Improvement tools. Improve working conditions and processes (safety, quality, productivity, and cost) including supporting and directing employee to participate in improvement programs.
· Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to optimize production. Analyze and resolve employees’ problems in a timely manner.
· Communicate product or material issues with appropriate individuals.
· Maintain departmental equipment to ensure proper and safe operations. Maintain a safe work environment by ensuring employees wear PPE (personal protective equipment) and follow safety compliance.
· Assist functional area Superintendent or Manager to improve systems of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and performance management.
· Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
· Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
· Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
· Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
· Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
· Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials.
· Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
· What Do You Need? :
· High School Diploma or equivalent, Required
· Associate Degree in Supervisory Management or related field, Desired
· 2 years in a manufacturing center environment, Required
· Previous experience in supervision, Preferred
· Experience in Manufacturing and department processes desired.
Who We Are
At Ashley, we’re more than a business…we’re family. As the largest manufacturer of home furnishings in the world, we know what it takes to build incredible furniture and future leaders. We’re problem solvers with the grit to persevere during challenging times and innovators who won't coast when times are good. We create solutions, not excuses. And never settle for status quo. It’s the reason we’re always searching for better ways to delivering an exceptional customer experience. That's why Ashley Furniture is #1 in our industry.
Ready to grow? You’ve come to the right place. Ashley Furniture has a “Growth Mindset”, and once you join our team, you’ll learn from the best in the business.
Apply today and find your home at Ashley!
Benefits We Offer
· Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program
· Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Your Birthday off
· Generous Employee Discount on home furnishings
· Professional Development Opportunities
· Ashley Wellness Centers (location specific) and Medical Tourism
· 401(k) and Profit Sharing
· Life Insurance
Our Core Values
· Honesty & Integrity
· Passion, Drive, Discipline
· Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence
· Dirty Fingernail
· Growth Focused
To learn more about Ashley Furniture, our community engagement programs, environmental stewardship, and our core values, please visit our Corporate Social Responsibility information page:
Corporate Social Responsibility
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.