Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to join our team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Junior Store Designer-Onsite in Tampa Florida!!
The Junior (Jr.) Store Designer is responsible for creating design documents accurately, efficiently, and within deadlines that align with brand objectives. The Jr. Store Designer will independently manage multiple projects simultaneously. This role may assist with reviewing peer created design documents and ability to cross train peers within design tasks. This position will demonstrate creativity, passion, and motivation for store design. The Jr. Store Designer will collaborate with cross functional teams to evolve the brand image and drive Ashley’s business strategies.
What Will You Do?
- Create 2D and 3D architectural construction plans and design documents for both interior and exterior retail projects.
- Understand and apply knowledge of the furniture retail industry as well as Ashley’s products, operations, and manufacturing to reinforce business strategies.
- Adapt Ashley’s brand objectives into unique and varied retail projects.
- Responsible for schematic design, design development, and completion of design documentation for multiple projects concurrently as directed.
- Independently manage multiple projects at different stages of completion and varying complexity to ensure that deadlines are met. Record and communicate project status to necessary parties.
- Travel to global retail locations and showrooms to lead onsite field verification and documentation to evaluate store condition, renewal state and conduct brand education.
- Travel to global retail locations and showrooms to lead onsite visual merchandising and store set up.
- Cross-train and complete new and varied project types.
- Prepare and professionally conduct meetings and presentations with internal teams and/or external clients.
- Responsible for reviewing and redlining self-created construction documents to ensure accuracy and quality standards. Responsible for occasionally reviewing and redlining peer-created construction documents.
- Specify materials, finishes, fixtures, and signage. Communicate with vendors and distribute purchase orders as needed.
- Establish working relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external clients to ensure alignment with brand objectives.
- Participate in new retail concept development based on business strategies.
- Continuous quality and process improvement ideation to progress personal and department efficiencies and deliverables as applicable.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 2 years’ experience in an Interior Design related field (required), preferably in Retail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding of branding, marketing, and advertising principles.
- Proficient knowledge of 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of the elements and principles of design.
- Strong knowledge in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Strong Experience with Photoshop, Sketch-up, and Enscape.
- Strong Experience with lighting design (preferred).
- Proven ability to create 2D and 3D design drawings and renderings.
- Ability to interpret and understand architectural details and specifications as used in construction documents.
- General awareness of building and health codes for compliance.
- Experience with and knowledge of retail operations.
- Strong visual merchandising skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong skills in adaptability, along with the ability to pivot easily when directions and priorities change on short notice.
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect.
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers.
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries.
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.