Are you a master in continuous improvement who likes to work in a fast-paced environment? Does working with industry leading, high-speed automated equipment and manufacturing systems get you excited? Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to our Manufacturing Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Operations Automation Specialist
Operations automation specialist serves as an expert in business operations with regard to automated and robotic processes. This position will perform troubleshooting and basic maintenance on robotic equipment in conjunction with machine operators and machine maintenance technicians. Monitor the operation of robotic equipment and assist workers on how to operate and maintain the robotic equipment effectively. The specialist will suggest and support process improvements in order to achieve company objectives.
Who Are We?
- Set up, operate and troubleshoot robotic/automated equipment and machinery to Identify, propose, and develop solutions for operational incidents. If unable to resolve, report issue to appropriate management and maintenance personnel and assist in the solution of the issue.
- Liaison with manufacturing engineering robotic design team to assist in operational specifications and serve as operational expert on finalized robotic / automated technologies.
- Assist operations, maintenance, and automation groups with commissioning process for new equipment or technologies.
- Perform basic maintenance on robotic equipment including preventative inspections.
- Conduct on the job training with team members to ensure the safe operation and general troubleshooting of robotic equipment.
- Identify improvements in all areas of robotic manufacturing processes using appropriate means of communication and work with necessary parties to implement.
- Participate in improvement teams and processes.
- Maintain a neat and orderly workplace.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist the company’s overall objectives
- Operate in a safe manner at all times and use safe work habits while performing job function.
- Performs routine record keeping as required.
- Examine materials and work for defects to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Work from shop drawings, blueprints, sketches, work orders and verbal instructions as required to complete tasks assigned.
- Participate in team meetings and activities
- Assist with the training of other employees
- Attend all scheduled training sessions
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.