Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home!
Join The #1 Furniture Company – Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry’s broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
The PIV Maintenance Technician will operate the battery changer machine to change batteries on all powered industrial vehicles. They will be responsible for maintenance and upkeep on the battery changer machine as well as individual batteries while maintaining the organizational system of batteries and powered industrial vehicles.
- · Perform safety check of battery changer and powered industrial vehicle prior to operation
- · Operate battery changer and powered industrial vehicles in a safe and appropriate manner
- · Perform P.M. service, and minor repairs on battery changer
- · Operate battery change machine to change vehicle batteries
- · Water batteries per battery watering SOP, ensure the batteries are plugged in, wash the batteries, follow all battery SOP’s, and maintain water deionizer.
- · Maintain and clean workstation
- · Repair battery cables, battery lids, water hoses, replace crimp on connectors, replace connector housings, paint batteries, and replace asset labels, replace broken wheels, slides and stops in battery rack, and any other necessary battery maintenance.
- · Perform electrolyte tests on battery cells, perform cell load test using digital multimeter, perform P.M. services on PIV equipment during down times
Qualifications and Requirements:
- · High school degree, Required
- · Entry level mechanical ability
- · Prior experience with PIV maintenance, Preferred
- · Ability to obtain a valid, company-issued PIV license
- · Knowledge of working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- · Ability to use all shop tools, and testing and measuring equipment
- · Ability to run an electric meter
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.