Ashley Furniture Industries, LLC.
Advance, NC, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
Build Your Career with Ashley
Grow your Engineering career while developing a diverse and highly desired skill set. You’ll join a team that has a major impact on the development of manufacturing, distribution, automation, and supply chain processes across the organization. Come learn what it takes to be the #1 Manufacturer of Furniture.
The Automation Fabricator & Assembler (AFA) will assist automation engineers, technicians and designers to achieve a finished piece of automation machinery. The AFA will fabricate parts from a 2D or 3D drawing using manual drilling and milling machines and hand tools. This position will also be assembling complete machines by reading 2D and 3D drawings provided by the automation designers and engineers. The AFA will work with automation technicians to read electrical schematics as well as wiring complete machines. The AFA will learn what wire colors are for what purposes as well as learn to terminate connections correctly using the proper labeling techniques for wires and cables.
What skills you will need:
· Fabricate parts using manual milling, drilling and cutting machines.
· Assemble parts from 2D and 3D drawings to complete and entire assembled machine.
· Install machines or equipment built on the factory floor.
· Make holes by using a drill press or cordless drill and using taps for threading purposes.
· Use a dial indicator for aligning linear bearings or aligning other devices.
· Fabricate and assemble safety fencing for the automation cells using chop saws and drilling machines. Safety fences will be assembled from 2d and 3d drawings.
· Wire machines using the correct wire colors, wire labels, wire sizes and wire terminating techniques.
· Prepare and load raw materials and parts safely into the desired manual drilling, milling and cutting machines.
· Stay current with engineering concepts, manufacturing techniques and quality concepts; train other individuals and departments in the same.
· Inspect and measure all parts that are being created and assembled for desired result.
· Attend all scheduled training sessions.
· Maintain reliable attendance.
· Work as a member of a team.
· Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions.
Who We Are
At Ashley, we’re more than a business…we’re family. As the largest manufacturer of home furnishings in the world, we know what it takes to build incredible furniture and future leaders. We’re problem solvers with the grit to persevere during challenging times and innovators who won't coast when times are good. We create solutions, not excuses. And never settle for status quo. It’s the reason we’re always searching for better ways to delivering an exceptional customer experience. That's why Ashley Furniture is #1 in our industry.
Ready to grow? You’ve come to the right place. Ashley Furniture has a “Growth Mindset”, and once you join our team, you’ll learn from the best in the business. Apply today and find your home at Ashley!
Benefits We Offer
· Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program
· Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Your Birthday off
· Generous Employee Discount on home furnishings
· Professional Development Opportunities
· Ashley Wellness Centers (location specific) and Medical Tourism
· 401(k) and Profit Sharing
· Life Insurance
Our Core Values
· Honesty & Integrity
· Passion, Drive, Discipline
· Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence
· Dirty Fingernail
· Growth Focused
To learn more about Ashley Furniture, our community engagement programs, environmental stewardship, and our core values, please visit our Corporate Social Responsibility information page:
Corporate Social Responsibility
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.