Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to join our team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer
Virtual Interior Designer
*This position is based out of our corporate office located near Downtown Tampa-Onsite*
The Virtual Interior Designer is responsible for creating design documents and mood boards accurately, efficiently, and within deadlines that align with client request and brand objectives. The Virtual Interior Designer will independently manage multiple projects simultaneously as assigned by management that support all virtual interior design channels, including virtual market sales and end consumer custom designs. This role has an understanding of the creation and maintenance of high quality 2D and 3D architectural drawings and renderings. This position will demonstrate creativity, passion, and motivation to help create lasting relationships with clients and to make their vision come to life.
The Virtual Interior Designer has a customer centric attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond for an exceptional customer experience, representing the Ashley brand.
What Will You Do?
- Create 2D and 3D floor layouts, renderings, and mood boards for client residential projects.
- Create 2D and 3D floor layouts, renderings, and mood boards for Ashley’s internal sales channels.
- Understand and apply knowledge of the furniture retail industry as well as Ashley’s products and online exclusive products, operations, and manufacturing to reinforce brand aesthetic.
- Responsible for capturing client requests and designing beautiful, functional, and within budget spaces that represent both a personalized approach as well as established brand lifestyles.
- Responsible for collaborating with divisional sales executives and merchants to interpret how new and inline products are to be displayed in a virtual environment to present to Ashley’s business partners.
- Independently manage multiple projects at different stages of completion and varying complexity to ensure that deadlines are met. Record and communicate project status to necessary parties.
- Understanding of lighting design to capture proper environment and product representation.
- Cross-train and complete new and varied project types.
- Prepare and professionally conduct meetings and presentations with internal teams and external clients.
- Stay up-to-date on industry style trends as well as Ashley brand initiatives.
- Design and select materials, finishes, products, and content within virtual environments to support business need.
- Drive client retention. Resolve client needs quickly and professionally. Understand importance of returning customers, referrals, and overall experience.
- Establish working relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external clients to ensure alignment with brand objectives.
- Participate in process improvements and resource documentation based on business strategies.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 2 years’ experience in an Interior Design related field (required), preferably in Retail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient knowledge of 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of the elements and principles of design
- Strong knowledge in AutoCAD and Revit
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Strong Experience with lighting design (preferred)
- Proven ability to create 2D and 3D design drawings and renderings
- Ability to interpret and understand architectural details and specifications as used in construction documents
- General awareness of building and health codes for compliance
- Strong 3D visualization/rendering skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience and knowledge of customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.