Do you have innate problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to self-manage and an intellectual curiosity always leading you to continue to learn and advance?
Do you want to take those skills and passions and apply it to a world-class organization? Then apply today to our Finance Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our large in-house finance team strives daily to take our multi-billion-dollar business to the next level!
Freight Billing Specialist
The Freight Billing Specialist is responsible for accurate and timely invoicing of Ashley Distribution Holding’s customers.
The Freight Billing Specialist will work in conjunction with internal and external customers to resolve customers’ disputes and requests. This position will maintain prompt, efficient and accurate data entry to ensure customer issues are solved timely.
The Freight Billing Specialist will be responsible for accurate data entry, invoice creation, auditing, and resolving customer disputes. As a member of the finance team, billing specialists will support other financial functions as needed such as month end close, annual external audit, and tax returns.
The Freight Billing Specialist will maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
What Will You Do?
- Entering weekly intercompany billing and credits.
- Validating Proof of Delivery documents meet customer requirements.
- Ensuring receipt of all backup support for invoicing (lumpers, detention, etc.)
- Reviewing invoices for reasonableness and related fuel surcharge; validating Rate Confirmation matches what is in the Transportation Management System.
- Processing EDI related invoices in our financial system.
- Sending invoices and related documentation to Customers.
- Entering documentation into customer portals as required.
- Responding to customer requests and inquiries.
- Complete new customer setup in the financial system along with updating integrated/non-integrated systems as required.
- Assisting other Treasury functions as required.
- Creating & Maintaining Standard Operating Procedure documents on new process or improvements to current methods.
- Cross function training as backup for other team members.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- Associate Degree in Finance or related field, Preferred
- 1+ years of office support, clerical, or administrative work
- 1+ years of finance experience, preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. principals only.