**We are only able to consider candidates who will be able to work full time in our Tampa office
The Director of Site Merchandising is responsible for developing business strategies and assortment plans to maximize the Company’s brand, online conversion rate, customer experience, sales and profits and the Company’s ecommerce platform while ensuring consistencies across channels (ecommerce and brick-and-mortar stores). This position drives sales efforts by optimizing web furniture and home décor merchandise mix, delivering a best-in-class furniture and home décor online shopping experience, capturing site merchandising analytics and sales day to optimize performance, while delivering on the sales plan for select categories.
Primary Job Functions:
- Lead a team of category specific merchandisers to increase product conversions and overall site performance to meet annual goals.
- Collaborate with the brick-and-mortar buying and planning teams to develop an Omni channel strategy to deliver the annual sales plan, conversion rate, average order value (AOV), orders and gross margin for the assigned area/department.
- Develop and optimize the home furnishings merchandise mix on the website to support continued growth in the ecommerce business.
- Deliver best-in-class category specific home shopping experiences on the website to ensure unified strategies are implemented and optimized.
- Develop a framework for capturing site merchandising analytics and sales data to optimize online merchandise performance.
- Partner with UX and Marketing Teams to ideate, test and implement new site functionality and enhancements. 7. Deliver strong selling performance and year-over-year growth to the Company’s website through executing merchandising strategies with excellence for all home furnishings categories.
- Leverage competitive research and analyze consumer behavioral characteristics, fashion trends, retail landscape and other relevant data to optimize product placement and content, based on customer pathing behavior and conversion results.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to make recommendations to optimize site navigation and product page’s templates based on site metrics, profound home furnishings knowledge, creativity and industry best practices.
- Drive the product placement of all web category pages based on site success metrics, profound home furnishings knowledge, creativity and industry best practices.
- Review performance and initiatives; develop alignment with Marketing, Buying and Planning to ensure delivery against stated sales and margin targets.
- Responsibility for the strategic product categories and profit and loss associated with each.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience, Required
- 10 years’ experience in ecommerce merchandising, preferably in Home Furnishings, for a major retail brand, Required
- Demonstrated results in driving B2C sales through digital merchandising mix strategy and implementation
- Experience in developing frameworks to analyze and report on ecommerce merchandising performance
- Supervisory/Management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Product sensibility and ability to merchandise site in a visually appealing way
- Business sensibility to identify and capitalize on current trends and incorporate them into short- and long-term merchandising plans
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong sense of brand and customer experience
- Provide effective leadership, promote teamwork and demonstrate the ability to lead people to get results