Ashley HomeStores, LTD
Tampa, FL, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
The Senior Copywriter is responsible for the branded look, feel and strategic creation of the Company’s marketing initiatives. The Senior Copywriter will provide coaching to other copywriters in developing persuasive and inspirational copy that informs current and prospective audiences about the values and benefits of Ashley products and others, including third party products. Working with a variety of cross-functional teams, this position creates engaging, results-driven content for Omni-channel marketing in all of the Company’s sales channels.
Primary Job Functions
1. Manage Omni channel projects in all retail sales channels ensuring brand and copy consistency; oversee project timelines, milestones and internal details to ensure timely delivery of all copy.
2. Master the Company’s branding and voice tactics and how it translates into current market trends, search engine optimization (SEO) and user experience (UX) best practices.
3. Provide coaching to copywriters to produce fresh and compelling product and marketing stories for all company channels.
4. Write engaging and grammatically clean content to ensure the Company’s value proposition and unique selling points engage the target audience across multiple digital and marketing channels.
5. Identify content buckets, adapt product copy and recommend freelance talent as needed.
6. Attend furniture markets and collaborate with VPs and category managers to identify new products and benefits. Share new product information with creative teams.
7. Research ways to continuously improve SEO performance, KPIs and other analytics; constant research on best practices in the industry.
8. Partner with the Creative, Marketing, eCommerce and external vendors to explore different ideas and concepts for Company initiatives; keep all parties up-to-date with changes, trends and insights related to promotional and brand copywriting.
9. Build productive relationships with Merchandisers, Designers and others to tell compelling product/lifestyle stories, ensuring copy aligns with priorities and direction.
10. Influence the Ashley Copy Style Guide, Product Writing Guide, NPIS Vendor Guide and other internal/ external references that direct the style and output of all editorial and product content.
11. Ensure accuracy and fact-check all content. Update and refresh content as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities