The Automation Fabricator & Assembler (AFA) will assist automation engineers, technicians and designers to achieve a finished piece of automation machinery.
The AFA will fabricate parts from a 2D or 3D drawing using manual drilling and milling machines and hand tools. This position will also be assembling complete machines by reading 2D and 3D drawings provided by the automation designers and engineers.
The AFA will work with automation technicians to read electrical schematics as well as wiring complete machines. The AFA will learn what wire colors are for what purposes as well as learn to terminate connections correctly using the proper labeling techniques for wires and cables.
- Fabricate parts using manual milling, drilling and cutting machines.
- Assemble parts from 2D and 3D drawings to complete and entire assembled machine.
- Install machines or equipment built on the factory floor.
- Make holes by using a drill press or cordless drill and using taps for threading purposes.
- Use a dial indicator for aligning linear bearings or aligning other devices.
- Fabricate and assemble safety fencing for the automation cells using chop saws and drilling machines. Safety fences will be assembled from 2d and 3d drawings.
- Wire machines using the correct wire colors, wire labels, wire sizes and wire terminating techniques.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts safely into the desired manual drilling, milling and cutting machines.
- Stay current with engineering concepts, manufacturing techniques and quality concepts; train other individuals and departments in the same.
- Inspect and measure all parts that are being created and assembled for desired result.
- Attend all scheduled training sessions.
- Maintain reliable attendance.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions.