This job posting is no longer active.
Are you a customer centric individual looking for a growth-focused company?Do you have a passion and drive to continuously improve processes, procedures and employees in order to meet operational excellence? Do you want to take that passion and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer and the number one retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States!
Since 1945, our teamwork, systems and desire to continuously improve demonstrates a company whose passion is put into every action.
What Will You Do?
- Operate battery change machine to change batteries on powered industrial vehicles; maintain batteries.
- Perform safety check of battery changer and powered industrial vehicle prior to operation.
- Operate battery changer and powered industrial vehicles in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Operate battery change machine to change vehicle batteries.
- Water batteries as needed.
- Ensure batteries are plugged in.
- Ensure proper standard operating procedures are followed by operators at battery change station.
- Repair battery ends, lids, water hoses, caps, breathers and any other necessary maintenance.
- Repair water system hoses.
- Replace worn or broken wheels in battery racks.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- Industrial machine operating experience preferred
- Preventative machine maintenance preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.