This job posting is no longer active.
Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to join our team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Senior 3D Artist
We are seeking an experienced artist for the Senior 3D Artist position. You will work on creating high quality, photorealistic 3D models and 2D renderings of Company and third-party products. The content created will be used toward company’s sales and marketing channels. This position will primarily assist with creation of High poly and Low poly 3D models. This position will also assist in improvement to modeling and material creation standard with Lead 3D Artists. You will be collaboratively working with the CGI team, other departments and disciplines to create a deeper 3D experience for the company.
- Accurately create 3D models from multiple forms of reference materials in a timely manner such as AutoCAD, DWG, Photography, etc.
- Excellent understanding of creating hard surface and organic modeling to create high poly and low poly models.
- Excellent understanding of material creation using the Substance Suite and usage within V-Ray and Unreal Engine.
- Proficient in optimizing 3D assets and material variation creation.
- Render 2D content based on standards and incoming requests. Work with current lighting scene and adjust as necessary to best represent the product.
- Work directly with Lead 3D artists and other stakeholders on approval of 3D models and 2D imagery.
- Work and manage all your working and final files in source control system while tracking progress of projects.
- Work collaboratively with Lead 3D artists and Operations to assist with overflow of reviewing external team content.
- Artist needs to communicate well, have a high attention to detail and maintain a high level of organization.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Make recommendations on workflow improvements, standards and creative software for increase productivity and efficient withing the team.
What Do You Need?
- 4 – 5 years of 3D asset development or related experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media Arts and Animation, Interactive Entertainment, Interactive Technology or related field, or related experience required.
- Excellent knowledge of 3DS Max, V-ray
- Excellent knowledge of Substance Suite
- Excellent 3D visualization/rendering skills
- Excellent organic and hard surface modeling skills
- Proficient in environment setup and lighting in Unreal Engine
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously within established time constraints
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external teams
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.