The Computer Generated Imagery (CGI) 3D Generalist artist is responsible for collaboratively creating high quality, photorealistic 3D models and 2D renderings of Company and third-party products to be used throughout the Company’s sales and marketing channels. This position will also assist with converting to real-time assets. With an eye for detail and a talent for photorealistic asset creation, the artist works with 3DSMax to create photo-realistic imagery with superior texturing and lighting detail.
- Accurately reproduces furniture production samples into 3D high fidelity, photo-realistic models in a timely manner
- Specialize in creating photorealistic models of both organic and hard surface forms. Demonstrate full understanding of creating textures of fabric, woods, and metals.
- Render 2D content and animation based on standards and incoming requests. Work with current lighting scene and adjust as necessary to best represent the product.
- Assist with converting models into various real-time formats based on Company needs. (.obj, gLB, gLTF, FBX…etc).
- Work directly with Business stakeholders and Lead 3D artist on approval of 3D models and 2D imagery.
- Maintain and upload all working and final files in data management system while tracking progress of projects.
- Work collaboratively with Lead and QA role to assist with overflow of reviewing external vendor’s creation.
- Work along side 3D artist to push limits and solidify alignment on industry best practices and innovative techniques.
- When necessary, help improve workflows, techniques and content pipelines to help you and other artists create better art.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Media Arts and Animation, Interactive Entertainment, Interactive Technology or related field, or related experience required.
- Must have a portfolio of relevant work summitted along with their resume or website or a Art Station account.
• 4 years of 3D asset development or related experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of 3D software including 3DS Max, V-ray,& Unreal Engine,
- Strong 3D visualization/rendering skills
- Solid attention to detail
- Able to adapt quickly to ever-evolving technology and the ability to solve in-depth technical solutions to improve efficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of how to inform product groupings with architecture, props, room composition, camera angle and lighting
- Strong project and time management skills