The Senior Vendor Manager is responsible for developing business strategies and assortment plans to maximize the Company’s brand and the Company’s ecommerce platform while ensuring strategic selection consistency across channels (ecommerce and brick-and-mortar stores). This position drives category level selection expansion and vendor management by negotiating and managing all supplier relationships. This leadership role is responsible for the strategy, planning, oversight, and delivery of the Vendor Relationship Management program and function. The successful candidate will have deep expertise in people management and development, negotiations and direct vendor oversight.
Primary Job Functions
- Manages the day to day vendor relationship management activities across multiple internal service areas.
- Collaborate with Site Merchandising and Store/Site operations as they manage overall performance of supplier partners across all channels.
- Drive multiple furniture category specific selection efforts by filling gaps in site selection based on onsite metrics, traffic, sales data, etc. Sources vendors via attendance tradeshows, online research, and network.
- Develop and optimize the home furnishings merchandise mix on the website to support continued growth in the ecommerce business.
- Leads the escalations related to managed vendors in the areas of Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance, Financial Goals and Selection targets. Works with Supplier Senior Management to resolve all issues and achieve mutual targets.
- Shows the clear ability to apply critical thinking, strategy development, and vision towards the growth of the vendor relationship management program, while also overseeing the day-to-day execution in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Maintains technical acumen to manage and optimize business requirements within technical platforms and integrations such as marketplace platforms and transmissions such as Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Review performance and initiatives; develop alignment with Marketing, Buying and Planning to ensure delivery against stated sales and selection targets.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience, Required.
- MBA preferred.
- 9 years experience in ecommerce merchandising, preferably in Home Furnishings, for a major retail brand, Required
- Demonstrated results in driving B2C sales through digital merchandising mix strategy and implementation
- Experience in developing frameworks to analyze and report on ecommerce merchandising performance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Product sensibility and ability to merchandise site in a visually appealing way
- Business sensibility to identify and capitalize on current trends and incorporate them into short- and long-term merchandising plans
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong sense of brand and customer experience
- Provide effective leadership, promote teamwork and demonstrate the ability to lead people to get results