Ashley Furniture Industries, LLC.
Etna, OH, United States
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
The Director of Distribution Center Operations will provide strategic and tactical direction for operations within assigned locations, supporting domestic and global distribution of product. This position is responsible for the optimal performance of all departments, Profit & Loss (P&L) management, Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) initiatives, Safety Compliance, Staffing, Retention and Morale, Building Maintenance, Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Fleet Management, etc., that falls within the scope of the assigned Distribution and Fulfillment Center operations. The Director of Distribution Center Operations will drive operational improvements to achieve business goals as well as streamline processes and maximize operational performance to enable long-term growth. This position will ensure effective utilization of space and equipment for all distribution centers assigned and ensure processes are effectively established, followed, monitored and optimized.
Additionally the Director will provide coaching, mentoring and support in the development of staff and recognize individual team successes. Responsibilities Oversee the planning and scheduling of all distribution and fulfillment centers and their services including shipping, receiving, returned/damaged goods, maintenance and administrative activities to ensure the customer requirements and demands are met in an efficient manner.
• Work directly with the Distribution Center management to assist in the planning of short-term and long-term labor needs based on sales forecasts and direction from management and other stakeholders within the business.
• Monitor and sustain optimum performance levels, adequate expense levels, space, equipment, staffing levels and overhead to meet the annual budgetary plan for assigned distribution and fulfillment center.
• Analyze key metrics for assigned distribution and fulfillment center and ensure established goals are met in the areas of performance, quality, safety, customer satisfaction and budgetary plan.
• Implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and waste; monitor damage and rework within assigned distribution and fulfillment center and direct the establishment and implementation of distribution center standards.
• Provide direction for various programs essential to distribution and fulfillment center procedures such as training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, employee involvement, security, etc.
• Initiate and coordinate major projects across assigned distribution and fulfillment centers, such as layout changes, equipment and space needs and utilization, capital expenses and major repairs.
• Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and make appropriate recommendations to leadership as necessary.
• Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
• Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
• Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
• Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
• Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities. Manage resources, making real time adjustments when needed, to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
•Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
• Demonstrate the company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.