Are you a technology buff with a strong understanding of data who can think outside the box? Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited? Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization? Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
IT Supply Chain Project Manager
In this position, you will formalize, plan and execute supply chain and business intelligence related projects according to business objectives while meeting strict deadlines and budgets. This includes coordinating and assigning resources, including third-party contractors or consultants to meet project objectives. You will lead documentation, requirements, standards using project management methodologies, best practices and will assist the leadership team in establishing the strategy and direction of projects.
What Do You Need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related fields, Required
- 5+ years of Project Management experience, Required. Preferably in the domain of IT and/or supply chain planning (software)
- Knowledge of supply chain planning, inventory operations, supplier reliability management, distribution center operations and planning, and transportation operations
- PMP Certification, Preferred
- Experience with Power BI, SQL, or Tableau, preferred
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile Methodology
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with working in large, complex enterprise environments
- Experience in project management in the IT sector: Project budgeting Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams and external partners
- Advanced expertise with Excel applications required (interactive excel, macros) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints and budgets
What Will You Do?
- Utilize Project Management methodology and standards in accordance to corporate standards across the department and ensure alignment with business directives and initiatives.
- Coordinate internal resources and third-party vendors for the flawless execution of project.
- Evaluate proposed solutions, probe options and make recommendations. Ensure the design and integration of proposed systems, software, and hardware solutions leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
- Ensure change management procedures and documentation practices are upheld.
- Analyze project risks, issues, costs and benefits to make relevant recommendations; propose evolutions and changes where needed.
- Responsible for “end-to-end” management of multiple medium to large sized, moderate to highly complex IT projects. Plan, execute and finalize projects on time and on budget, following appropriate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards and delivering specific, measurable results to business partners.
- Manage project components including financial management, quality management, control management, resource management and business continuity management.
- Effectively communicate project expectations, issues, risks and decisions to project team, business stakeholders and IT.
- Ensure smooth transition of projects into operational environment for continued serviceability.
- Measure success factors to ensure project objectives and deliverables were met.
- Enable cross-functional collaboration between the business and IT. Work with business partners to gather requirements and deliver value and Return on Investment (ROI) of projects.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.