This job posting is no longer active.
Are you a strong negotiator with a keen attention to detail? Does working with a global supply chain that blends and optimizes both domestic and foreign production efforts get you excited? Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a World-Class organization? Then apply today to our Supply Chain Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Global Supply Chain Planning Analyst
The Global Supply Chain Analyst plays a vital role in ensuring our company has the right products, at the right places, at the right times. Utilizing a strong understanding of supply chain dynamics and sourcing opportunities, they will optimize inventory levels at all locations around the globe, ensuring customers have access to the product they need, when they need it.
The Analyst will regularly analyze data and negotiate with suppliers regarding production schedules, shipping volume, methods and destinations, as well as raw material availability to maintain sufficient inventory levels to meet projected sales demands. A strong ability to construct “What If” analyses and implement creative solutions to intricate problems is imperative, as Analysts will routinely encounter complex items and significant supply and demand balancing constraints that financially impact the organization.
What Do You Need?
- Bachelor’s degree– Required
- 2+ years in Supply Chain Operations, in a buyer/planning or inventory management capacity. -Required
- Advanced expertise with Excel applications required (interactive excel, macros) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with ERP system, BI, SQL, SAP, Tableau is a plus
- Licenses or Certifications: APICS Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Professional in Supply Diversity (CPSD) Strategic Sourcing, Procurement or related certification(s) – Preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What Will You Do?
- Execute all tactical responsibilities associated with purchase order management, buying materials and finished good product from global suppliers.
- Negotiate with core supply partners on current and future production plans (capacity commitments, line/production capabilities) to optimize inventory levels and fulfill customer demands, while positively and professionally representing the company.
- Identify and execute solutions to prevent or amend ever-changing dynamic supply chain disruptions, including inventory shortages or capacity conditions that adversely affect customer satisfaction. Initiate escalation measures regarding these purchase plans and recommend solutions for potential financial impacts to cross-functional stakeholders throughout the organization as needed (sales, engineering, logistics, sourcing, etc.).
- Cultivate trusting cross-functional relationships across diverse audiences to quickly resolve time and content sensitive agreements, including evaluated solutions to optimize supply flow across the organization’s global distribution and manufacturing facilities.
- Thoroughly analyze inventory and supplier production schedules, evaluating the reliability of the supply chain flow to ensure product availability; contribute to the planning of long- and short-term business objectives by making recommendations to optimize inventory across our supplier network and reconcile forecasted demand with vendor production capabilities.
- Update, oversee, and follow-up on KPIs for critical business discussions to confirm they are the best use of with Ashley’s resources & align with its objectives
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for analytical queries, analysis, process improvement projects, etc.
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.