The Visual & Interior Designer I is responsible for creating AutoCAD/REVIT design documents for the Company’s HomeStores and Galleries based on the Company’s design standards & client needs. This position will exercise problem-solving for quick turn-around of beginning to moderate level company projects. The Visual & Interior Designer I is accountable for ensuring that plans and related documents are completed accurately, efficiently and within deadline that also meets the organizational goals and strategies required to be adhered to, affecting clients’ budgets and timelines.
Primary Job Functions
- Exhibit design knowledge and CAD/REVIT skills to create plans for galleries and small retail stores based on Company standards and the needs of the client.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with construction and merchandise interior designers, licensees, marketing specialists, district managers, and others as appropriate, to ensure store and gallery interior design needs are met.
- Assist in selecting materials for the Company’s retail stores; create and distribute purchase orders for projects as needed.
- Provide regular feedback to necessary individuals and teams regarding project status.
- Develop design documents and presentations for assigned projects that meet the Company’s brand and building standards.
- Continuous quality and process improvement ideation to progress personal and department efficiencies and deliverables as applicable
- Work independently as well as a member of a team of interior designers in completing projects accurately and on-time, involving skilled knowledge in creation of AutoCAD/REVIT documents and for the Company’s retail stores and galleries, based on Company design standards and the needs of the client utilizing problem solving skills and communicating with others professionally through multiple communication channels
- Assist with special projects as requested, when necessary, such as conducting research, creating plans and supporting documents, collaborating with other departments and interfacing with outside vendors.
- Attend and/or present at corporate design meetings when needed
- Provide in-store training for the Company’s retail locations and their staff as may be required for design support
- Regular meetings with the design team to review objectives, deadlines, mitigate issues that arise, etc.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design or closely related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of interior design concepts and industry practices, including color theory, space, lighting, and floor planning
- Basic skills in AutoCAD, REVIT
- Knowledge of design-related algebra and geometry, with ability to interpret 2D and 3D blue prints and other renderings
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills