This job posting is no longer active.
The Ashley Furniture Team is seeking a process-oriented and results-driven Manufacturing Supply Chain Planner to join our newest team in our Advance, North Carolina division!
In this position, you will utilize the Supply Chain Management System to create and manage the release of manufacturing plans which are achievable and realistic while minimizing excess work-in-process inventory and allowing a final assembly schedule to be executed at or above schedule completion goals considering production process, labor and material availability. The Manufacturing Supply Chain Planner will interact frequently with shop floor planners to ensure correct schedules are executed as planned; investigate root cause of issues and make decisions or recommendations for solutions and escalate if necessary.
Your ideal qualifications:
What Will You Do?
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or a related Materials Management field or equivalent work experience, Required
- 3 years related experience in production planning and inventory management including experience with manufacturing and supply chain management processes
- Significant knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and all aspects of material flow through the supply chain
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, AS400, internet
- Advanced expertise with Excel applications required (interactive excel, macros) is a plus. Proficiency in Visual Basic (VB) within MS Excel preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities
- Plan and schedule production by integrating forecasts, customer orders, inventory, and capacity
- Maintain all assigned planning area schedules to meet final assembly requirements as scheduled; keep work-in process (WIP) inventory at a minimum to complete the final assembly requirements.
- Make daily order recommendations to decide which manufacturing orders are to be released using the Manufacturing Supply Chain Solution (through-put)
- Maintain effective communication with all the internal customers and management on the status of planning discrepancies.
- Research inaccuracies and root cause analysis, recommend changes needed to resolve issues based on findings.
- Track and maintain manufacturing lead-time, order minimums, order maximums, safety stocks, shrinkage factors and other parameters that impact the completion of an effective plan; communicate any concerns to management.
- Work closely with all other functional areas of the company to achieve profit and growth objectives.
- Maintain system integrity by reviewing critical system tables for obsolete data and monitor system performance alerting management to deviations from standard metrics.