The Inventory Planning Coordinator supports internal supply chain functions and works to optimize inventory management. Additionally, this position prepares and analyzes various inventory related reports to identify and address any inventory health issues. This role will support the Distribution Center on the Return to Vendor process and track the daily returns.
- Regularly run reports to ensure inventory health; review information, document findings and corrections and submit to management for review
- Conduct cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy
- Research and reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Evaluate inventory accuracy metrics and assist with development of root cause analysis
- Assist with implementation of inventory control improvements and processes
- Monitor merchandise movement, liquidation and disposal process
- Coordinate discontinued, damaged and slow-moving merchandise to the stores for liquidation
- Assist in determining what items go to our Clearance Centers
- Facilitate and manage the process of third-party bedding returns
- Actively participate in departmental meetings, training and education
- Complete other assignments and special projects as requested
- Minimum 1 year experience in inventory control or planning, logistics and/or supply chain, preferably in a retail or distribution center environment, Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to take initiative
- Proficient with technology and systems. Capable of mastering various technology platforms as a power user: e.g., ERP, order management systems, warehouse management software etc.
- Advanced Excel and data management skills: e.g., pivot tables, V-lookups, etc.
- Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills