The Copywriter role requires a strong, versatile storyteller who is able to develop persuasive and inspirational copy to inform current and prospective audiences about the values and benefits of Ashley products, including third party products. This position will create and execute engaging, results-driven content for a variety of platforms including digital, print, in-store and other consumer marketing materials as needed in a fast-paced, team-focused environment.
Primary Job Functions
- Write compelling and grammatically clean content to ensure the Company’s value proposition and unique selling points engage the target audience across multiple digital and marketing channels.
- Master the Company’s branding and voice tactics and how it translates into current market trends, search engine optimization (SEO) and user experience (UX) best practices.
- Ensure accuracy and fact-check all content. Update and refresh content as needed
- Research ways to continuously improve SEO performance, KPIs and other analytics.
- Build productive relationships with Merchandisers, Designers and others to tell compelling product/lifestyle stories, ensuring copy aligns with priorities and direction.
- Influence the Ashley Copy Style Guide, Product Writing Guide, NPIS Vendor Guide and other internal/ external references that direct the style and output of all editorial and product content.
- Manage project timelines, milestones and internal details to ensure timely delivery of all copy.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Communication, Marketing, English, Journalism, Advertising or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
- 1 year of copywriting work experience, Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of storytelling, content creation, voice, tone, grammar, and copyediting, as well as lifestyle and design vocabulary
- Strong skills in agility, with the ability to pivot easily when directions and priorities change on short notice
- Knowledge of best practices for marketing and digital platforms
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude that motivates others and promotes enthusiasm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Document management system
- Critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet; Adobe Creative Suite skills are a plus
- Thrive under pressure in a fast paced, demand driven environment
- Work professionally with accounts and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating all with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations involving difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries