Are you an application administrator with IBM Sterling Order Management (OMS) experience? Do you want to work with a fast-paced team engaged in transforming the systems landscape for the #1 furniture manufacturing company in the world and #1 furniture retailer in the US? Are you organized, thorough, and able to deduce and solve complex application challenges? Do you want to be part of shaping the next generation order management solution at Ashley? If so, then we have the opportunity you are seeking.
The Senior OMS Administrator is responsible for configuring, implementing, monitoring and maintaining the Ashley OMS offering while also providing end user and on-call support. In addition, this position will also serve as an expert resource for cross functional discussions as well as facilitate resolution efforts of major incidents with the ultimate goal of maximizing service availability and satisfaction for all internal and external customers. This position is also responsible for delivering clear, concise, timely communication to our customers.
The Senior OMS Administrator is accountable for ensuring that the Ashley IBM Sterling OMS offering and services meet customer requirements for reliability, availability, and uptime while adhering to IT principles and standards. Accountability also includes meeting defined support and uptime SLAs, knowledgebase contributions to facilitate customer self-service for support, reporting of current support trends and close collaboration with the OMS architecture and development team to recommend potential system improvements related to any performance metrics.
Primary Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues impacting Ashley Furniture’s systems, applications and services within the agreed time to recovery.
- Lead the research and resolution efforts during all Incidents.
- Provide thorough transition of all ongoing incidents or high priority support items to offshore colleagues.
- Supply customers, end users and junior staff with guidance and support as needed.
- Provide knowledge-base documentation on the configuration of the application.
- Monitor and maintain systems to ensure optimal reliability and operational efficiency by reviewing and/or applying regular application updates.
- Develop application configurations and understanding of the configuration options within the application.
- Coordinate automation and deployment of maintenance tasks and deployment processes.
- Lead in the development of automated performance metrics and application audits in conjunction with the OMS management team.
- Work to continuously improve service and efficiency by following and enforcing process and procedure standards.
- Develop process and procedure standards to maintain and improve service and efficiency.
- React to change productively, communicate effectively and handle other essential assigned tasks.
- Provide end user, customer and on-call support.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar technical discipline; advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of four (4) years current experience with IBM Sterling OMS administration in a lead, senior or consultant role; ideally leveraging the IBM Cloud platform.
- IBM Sterling OMS desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Technical:
- Deep knowledge of the OMS internals and backend in order to properly support issues with workflow, data quality and integrity, integrations etc.
- Deep configuration/administrator level knowledge using native OMS components.
- Experience in creating and maintaining OMS services and agents to facilitate automation of recurring tasks and support needs.
- Experience troubleshooting integration solutions into and out of OMS.
- Experience in using APIs to manipulate data without direct back-end access.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation for purposes of operating and supporting the environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of general project management, agile methodology, and continuous improvement principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all audiences of all levels, spanning from technical peers to executive management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to self-start and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraint.
- Ability to pivot easily when directions and priorities change on short notice
- Ability to perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Fortitude to respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
- High degree of personal integrity which translates to honesty and the ability to be trusted to adhere to stellar ethics in all situations