The Inventory Analyst is responsible for monitoring the flow of product into the distribution centers from Ashley Furniture Industries (AFI) and third-party vendors. This position will collect and analyze the data to measure the impact of initiatives to support strategic business decision making. This position is responsible for working with developers to provide the business at all levels with relevant, intuitive, insight-driven information that is directly actionable. This position will work with multi-national teams in an Agile framework and design and implement actionable reports and dashboards, assisting in designing the broader information landscape available to the business.
Primary Job Functions
- Manage inventory levels at the distribution centers on all product categories; provide executive level updates on inventory management.
- Maintain optimal in-stock capacity levels based on sales and financial goals.
- Forecast inventory levels.
- Proactively identify needs and take initiative to accomplish
- Create complex excel reports from multiple data sources, using macros, pivots, graphs, and queries.
- Design reports and dashboards for consumption by the business; oversees the development for production.
- Perform pro forma modeling and ad hoc analyses
- Perform deep dive analyses into specific issues as needed
- Ensure BI tools are fully leveraged to provide the insights needed to drive performance. Interface closely with technology partners to manage analytical environment and acquire data sets
Use quantitative and qualitative methodologies to draw insights and support the continuous improvement of the business.
Ensure that appropriate data-driven reports and customer behavior insight continuously flow to management to help improve quality, reduce cost, enhance the guest experience, and deliver continued growth.
- Analyze and communicate the effectiveness of new initiatives; draw insights and make performance improvement recommendations based upon the data sources
- Analyze initiatives and events utilizing transaction-level data
- Generate cross-functional plans to maintain optimal inventory levels at the distribution centers.
- Manage end of life cycle of discontinued, non-go-forward assortment and clearance products with cross functional teams.
- Work with production planners, retail planners, merchants, distribution centers and vendors to monitor and optimize inventory levels.
- Bachelor Degree in Merchandising, Supply Chain or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
- 6 months hands-on experience performing data analytics, preferably with ecommerce experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of an enterprise data visualization platform, such as Micro Strategy
Working knowledge of business statistical application and econometrics
Strong applied Algebra skills
Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to digest business problems and translate needs into a data-centric context
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, including index, match, summits, pivots and macros
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet, especially MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Access, ERP Systems, Data Cubes, Google Analytics
- Strong skills in ecommerce analytics and tools such as Google Analytics
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Expert at manipulating data to quickly highlight trends, risks, and draw accurate conclusions from the data.
- Document management system
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Strong skills in agility, along with the ability to pivot easily when directions and priorities changes on short notice
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries