This job posting is no longer active.
Company: Ashley Furniture Industries
Location: Time can be split between our Arcadia and Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin offices
Position: Global Supply Chain Planner
The Global Supply Chain Planner plays a vital role in ensuring our company has the right products, at the right places, at the right times. Utilizing a strong understanding of supply chain dynamics, they will optimize inventory levels at all locations around the globe, ensuring customers have access to the product they need, when they need it. The Planner will regularly analyze data and negotiate with suppliers regarding production schedules, shipping volume, as well as raw material availability to maintain sufficient inventory levels and meet projected sales demands. The ability to brainstorm and implement creative solutions to intricate problems is imperative, as the Planner will routinely encounter complex items and suppliers with scheduling and capacity constraints that financially impact the organization.
What Do You Need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Analytics, Business, or related field-preferred
- Experience in supply chain planning, buying, inventory control, or capacity management is a plus!
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, formulas)
- Experience in inventory management and ERP systems a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities
What Will You Do?
- Execute all tactical responsibilities associated with purchase order management, buying materials and finished good product from global suppliers.
- Negotiate with transactional supply partners on current and future production plans (capacity commitments, line/production capabilities) to optimize inventory levels and fulfill customer demands, while positively and professionally representing the company.
- Identify and execute solutions to prevent or amend ever-changing dynamic supply chain disruptions, including inventory shortages or capacity conditions that adversely affect customer satisfaction. Initiate escalation measures regarding these purchase plans and recommend solutions for potential financial impacts.
- Cultivate trusting cross-functional relationships across diverse audiences to quickly resolve time and content sensitive agreements, including evaluated solutions to optimize supply flow across the organization’s global distribution and manufacturing facilities.
- Analyze inventory and supplier production schedules, evaluate the reliability of the supply chain flow to ensure product availability; contribute to the planning of long- and short-term business objectives by making- recommendations to optimize inventory across our supplier network and reconcile forecasted demand with vendor production capabilities.
What We Offer:
- Excellent Healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Profit sharing eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Flexible Spending Account
- Corporate partnership - Discount programs
- Furniture Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only