This job posting is no longer active.
The CNC Machinist will use Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. This position is important since some of the materials are not easy to shape or handle manually or with conventional equipment. This position is a highly skilled professional that will work with great concentration and precision. The CNC Machinist must comply with all safety guidelines and have a keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude. The goal is to produce high quality parts and materials by programming machines to perform the right operations.
- Prepare and operation a 3-axis CNC mill, waterjet and turning centers.
- Import 3D models into programming software.
- Set up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting vises, chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, stock pushers and indicating vises.
- Generate a G-Code file from programming software and download to the CNC machine.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts safely into the desired CNC machine.
- Stay current with engineering concepts, participate in training on new releases of software manufacturing techniques and quality concepts; train other individuals and departments as needed.
- Inspect and measure all parts that are being created on the CNC machines for the desired result.
- Check and maintain CNC machinery daily to ensure functionality, including preventive maintenance and proper housekeeping.
- Enter all CNC machine drawings, bills of material into machine manuals with the correct labeling as well as backed up in the correct locations on the network.
- Assist with training other employees.
- Participate in team meetings and activities.
- Attend all scheduled training sessions.
- Maintain reliable attendance.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions