Tampa, FL, United States
Senior eCommerce Operations Manager
The Senior Ecommerce Operations Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the financing and payment programs, fraud prevention program, and the eCommerce order interface. This position will work with internal and external partners to address issues and concerns and continually look for ways to improve the processes and systems. This position will also work with management to develop strategy and long-term planning for the eCommerce operations team.
The Senior Ecommerce Operations Manager will effectively lead and guide employees by utilizing all resources available. This individual will display leadership traits to promote a positive and professional environment. The Senior Ecommerce Operations Manager will integrate goals and objectives to enhance and increase business and consistently seek new and innovative methods to improve processes within the department and company.
Primary Job Functions
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the eCommerce Operations team to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction, adherance to standard operating procedures, and high-efficiency completion of tasks.
2. Oversee and manage the Portal operations including participating in the escalation process as needed.
3. Oversee the consumer financing and payment programs; manage the onboarding of new vendors as well as the maintenance of current vendors.
4. Oversee fraud protection on the website.
5. Drive change and encourage growth by providing guidance and support to employees; aid employees with difficult customers and situations by coaching them and demonstrating effective and professional communication with internal and external customers at all times.
6. Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to optimize customer service and satisfaction.
7. Collaborate with the IT department on current system functionality as well as system improvements.
8. Work with team members to develop and manage key process measures within each area of responsibility.
9. Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
10. Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
What Do You Need?
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field. Or equivalent work experience
7 years experience in business (eCommerce experience strongly preferred)
Strong project management and creative thinking skills
Who Are We?
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.