Organization: Ashley HomeStore Retail
Position: Merchandise Manager
Location: Tampa, Florida
Are you interested in joining our growing team? Ashley Furniture is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, and creative retail merchandise expert to join our brand new Outlet Brand Team as a Merchandise Manager! This full-time position requires strong organizational skills and an uncanny attention to detail.
The Outlet Brand Merchandising Manager is responsible for developing business strategies and product assortment plans to maximize the Company’s Outlet retail brand, sales and profits for an assigned area. This position identifies opportunities working with our product development team to create exclusive products for Ashley Outlet. This position also manages information across functional teams working closely with product design, sourcing, supplier design, production, visual, and the Homestore National Merchants to develop pricing and bundle programs for our online and corporate stores.
- Deliver the annual sales plan and gross margin for the assigned area or department.
- Perform market analysis and competitive shop; analyze sales trends to keep abreast of current trends.
- Obtain feedback from store field associates and provide information to improve product and to add to assortments.
- Develop seasonal business strategies outlining strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.Communicate annual and seasonal strategies to cross-functional areas.
- Develop seasonal product mix for department; prepare category assortment overview by pricing level, sub category mix and SKU counts.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the product development team on specific product development in their category; preview and aid in final development decisions prior to product introduction. Maintain relationships, resolve issues and may conduct final negotiations with suppliers and agents as necessary.
- Recommend and collaborate with the visual team to plan floor layouts.
- Collaborate with the planning team and recommend adjustments to markdowns, delivery changes, production changes to the plan to maximize sales, profits, budget and protect the brand.
- Attend market; assist in the preparation, set-up and presentation of the showroom.
- Visit stores and contact field management to gather information on customer feedback and product issues.
- Research and prepare recommendations for new product ideas and appropriate fabrics and leathers for all markets, to be presented to sales and management personnel for all upholstery categories.
- Constantly review new fabrics and leathers from multiple vendors and the international sourcing team. Merchandise trend-right fabric and leather packages that offer the best style, value and sales, to aid in the growth of the upholstery division.
- Collaborate with accounting on product costing of new styles in Research & Development phase. Make adjustments to the design and/or materials when item costing does not meet the business requirements/price points.
- Work with Design & Merchandising Department staff to oversee the product development list of for all shows, markets, etc.
- Review all pricelists, New Product Introduction Sheets and Fluff Sheets; validate they are correct and complete for each market or show.
- Work with Product Design, Fabric & Leather Design, Research & Development, etc., to ensure new developments are correct and meet the needs of the market.
- Work with manufacturing through Coverfits and Pilot Runs to guarantee the integrity of initial design concept.
- Participate in market trips, trade shows, markets, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Retail Merchandising, Fashion, Marketing, Business, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in assortment planning, merchandising, buying, and/or product planning for a national retailer (with 2 years at management level)
- Understanding of price points and advanced knowledge of merchandising
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, merchandising and planning systems
- Must have an analytical and business minded approach
- Excellent presentation skills and presence
- Flexible with traveling to Ashley HomeStores, Distribution Centers, and attending industry events (when needed)