This job posting is no longer active.
Organization: Ashley Furniture Industries
Position: Inventory Optimization Analyst
Department: Supply Chain Planning
Location: Position can be based out of either Chippewa Falls or Arcadia, Wisconsin
The Ashley Furniture Supply Chain Planning team is seeking a highly analytical, solution-oriented, and collaborative Inventory Optimization Analyst at our Main HQ in Arcadia, Wisconsin! The Inventory Optimization Analyst is responsible for balancing safety stock levels throughout our North America distribution centers while maintaining service level initiatives utilizing our Supply Chain Management System. In this role, you will plan, organize, measure, and evaluate suggested safety stock settings to improve in-stock percentages while minimizing inventory. This position requires significant communication with a wide variety of internal and external customers. This position is accountable for meeting goals and objectives in order to maintain the company’s growth rate, while recommending process improvements to maximize inventory turns and maintain high in-stock percentages. Qualified Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Data Analytics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Math, or similar field
- 2 years of experience in supply chain planning, buying, data, reporting, or analytics
- Knowledge of visualization software, such as Power BI or Tableau
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, including index, match, summits, pivots and macros
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet, especially MS Excel, MS Power Point, ERP Systems, Data Cubes
- Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools
- The ability to work cross-functionally with forecasting, supply chain, finance, engineering, data science, and business teams with strong communication skills
What You Will Do:
- Perform safety stock analysis and management to cover company service level initiatives while avoiding low stock and overstock for Finished Goods, Upholstery, Leather, Component Materials, and raw materials from global manufacturers and suppliers based on the requirements of the organization.
- Analyze root causes of inventory issues and provide resolutions.
- Develop process improvements to achieve company inventory goals while maintaining appropriate stock levels according to seasonal business highs and lows.
- Develop and execute inventory strategies to reduce slow moving inventories and achieve annual inventory turn objectives.
- Assist with the development of key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the inventory management operations.
- Generate and analyze inventory reports; make decisions and solve problems to optimize inventory based on cost and service level. Maintain monthly reports on inventory levels.
- Evaluate the reliability of the supply chain flow to ensure product availability; make recommendations for vendor warehousing and align capacity with demand. Contribute to the planning of long- and short-term business objectives.
- Positively and professionally represent the company to suppliers, communicating company needs and gathering information from them regarding their production schedules.
- Initiate, build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers, especially those that may impact the Supply Chain function and effectiveness.
- Chart, analyze and interpret key process measures.