This job posting is no longer active.
The Senior Director of Site Merchandising is responsible for developing business strategies and Omni channel assortment plans to maximize the Company’s brand, online conversion rate, customer experience, sales and profits and the Company’s ecommerce platform while ensuring consistencies across channels (ecommerce and brick-and-mortar stores). This position drives sales efforts by optimizing web furniture and home décor merchandise mix, delivering a best-in-class furniture and home décor online shopping experience, capturing site merchandising analytics and sales day to optimize performance, and delivering on the sales plan.
Primary Job Functions
- Lead a team of website merchandisers focused on increasing product conversions and overall site performance to meet annual goals.
- Collaborate with the brick-and-mortar buying and planning teams to develop an Omni channel strategy to deliver the annual sales plan, conversion rate, average order value (AOV), orders and gross margin for the assigned area/department.
- Partner with UX and Marketing Teams to ideate, test and implement new site functionality and enhancements.
- Leverage competitive research and analyze consumer behavioral characteristics, fashion trends, retail landscape and other relevant data to optimize product placement and content, based on customer pathing behavior and conversion results.
- Develop and optimize the home furnishings merchandise mix on the website to support continued growth in the ecommerce business.
- Deliver best-in-class home shopping experiences on the website to ensure unified strategies are implemented and optimized.
- Deliver strong selling performance and year-over-year growth to the Company’s website through executing merchandising strategies with excellence for all home furnishings categories.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to make recommendations to optimize site navigation and product page’s templates based on site metrics, profound home furnishings knowledge, creativity and industry best practices.
- Develop a framework for capturing site merchandising analytics and sales data to optimize online merchandise performance.
- Drive the product placement of all web category pages based on site success metrics, profound home furnishings knowledge, creativity and industry best practices.
- Review performance and initiatives; develop alignment with Marketing, Buying and Planning to ensure delivery against stated sales and margin targets.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience, Required. MBA Preferred.
- 12.5+ years’ experience in ecommerce merchandising, preferably in Home Furnishings, for a major retail brand, Required
- Demonstrated results in driving B2C sales through digital merchandising mix strategy and implementation
- Experience in developing frameworks to analyze and report on ecommerce merchandising performance
- Supervisory/Management experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Product sensibility and ability to merchandise site in a visually appealing way
- Business sensibility to identify and capitalize on current trends and incorporate and Abilities them into short- and long-term merchandising plans
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong sense of brand and customer experience
- Provide effective leadership, promote teamwork and demonstrate the ability to lead people to get results
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills