This job posting is no longer active.
Organization: Ashley Retail HomeStore
Position: District Manager, Licensee Operations
Travel: 80% of travel required (locations in US & Canada). Regular attendance at Licensee stores and other places of business is an essential function of this position and most, if not all, job functions are performed in the field.
Schedule Expectations: This role will work a minimum of 45 hours per week. The number of hours will increase during specific Market events, holiday seasons or blackout periods, or to meet other business needs.
The District Manager (Licensee Operations) is ultimately responsible for driving sales growth, quality, and profitability of Ashley HomeStores through their store managers within a defined region. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting licensed HomeStore owners, executing business plans, involving retail platform standards and performance measures to instill brand consistency and operational excellence. The District Manager conducts ongoing business reviews to identify areas of opportunity and monitors store performance using financial, operations, customer service and other statistical data. This position provides inspirational leadership by instilling the highest standards, delivering superior results and achieving key performance objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Management, Marketing or related field
- 5-7 years of retail sales and sales management experience in a multi-store, high volume organization required, preferably with experience in furniture retail and fulfillment-based operations employing a license or franchise model
- 3-5+ years of experience managing direct reports with demonstrated ability to mentor and develop success factors for continued growth
- Demonstrated career growth, with experience operating as a district manager or equivalent with accountability for more than five stores
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding sales and other business goals
- Exceptional knowledge of retail and sales operations processes
- Strong business acumen, with demonstrated knowledge of finance, management, marketing and merchandising
- Knowledge of licensed business owner or franchise law
- Knowledge of process management and improvement methods and tools
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to dig deep into the data and then turning that insight into action to drive results
- Outstanding leadership skills, with the ability to build an inspiring culture through vision, empowerment and development
- Strong project/resource management and organizational skills, with the ability to consistently meet demanding deadlines
- Strong skills in relationship management and coaching that result in the accomplishment of goals
- Strong skills in agility, along with the ability to pivot easily when directions and priorities change on short notice
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite or similar office software
- Collaborates with the Regional Director to devise annual goals for district licensee sales, gross margin, operating expenses and improvement initiatives. Partners with regional team on regional annual goals and improvement initiatives.
- Executes business plans to help drive district licensee market revenue growth, quality and profitability.
- Provides business direction and guidance, based on the AGR licensee “playbook ,”involving the retail platform, standards and performance measures (e.g., SPG/Traffic, NPS) to instill operational singularity, brand consistency and operational excellence.
- Conducts ongoing business reviews to identify and support the licensee in acting on areas of opportunity and improvement in marketing, merchandising, product assortment, selling and sales floor productivity. Monitors licensee financial performance using financial, operations, customer service and other statistical data.
- Supports licensee new store openings and grand re-openings. Participates in new licensee onboarding.
- Participates in operational strategy meetings to devise execute best practices or performance improvement plans to address district licensee needs or correct identified issues.
- Ensures licensees in district remain in compliance with the TUA. Monitors and audits brand standards, including product and visual, through a rigorous protocol of field visits and licensee self-reporting to help improve and continually enhance brand equity in the licensee community.
- Fosters the licensee network communication process, including field reports, weekly newsletters, quarterly business strategy meetings and reporting protocols. Maintains strong relationships with the district licensees. Resolves licensee issues and concerns.
- Attends Markets to help introduce licensees to new products and programs.
- Participates in quarterly AGR meetings to provide team building and support to licensees.
- Assists in the support of Tier 2-5 licensees as needed. Works as part of a district manager team, plus on occasion will engage in deeper dives into problematic areas or developing opportunities as a member of a “strike force” approach.
- Promotes the Ashley brand image through active involvement in community associations and events, such as the Chamber of Commerce, Kiwanis, or Rotary Club or volunteer organizations.