This job posting is no longer active.
A Distribution Center Laborer of Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. (“Ashley”), will be assigned, from time to time, to one or more positions within Ashley’s distribution center. The standard operating procedure for the position will be presented prior to starting work and the assigned position. It is the responsibility of the Distribution Center Laborer to follow the standard operating procedures while working at the assigned position.
- Perform safety check of Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) prior to operation.
- Operate PIVs in a save and appropriate manner.
- Change vehicle batteries at assigned battery station.
- Use scanning equipment to locate product in Distribution Center and ensure accurate inventory of goods.
- Hand-manipulate product from primary location to cart, pallet or plate.
- Pick orders and prepare goods for shipment.
- Manipulate product in a safe and effective manner using proper handling SOP.
- Move materials within the Distribution Center.
- Ensure the completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
- Ensure accuracy of load by verifying quantity with computer inquire screens.
- Inform supervisor of needed backorders of product, scanning problems or product out of sequence.
- Inform supervisor of damaged product.
- This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Perform a trailer audit (verify trailer number, cleanliness, condition) prior to loading and inform supervisor of any deficiencies.
- Participate in team meetings and activities
- Attend all scheduled training sessions.
- Assist with the training of other employees.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Suggest improvements on process inputs.
- Perform the job satisfactorily at a sustained level of productivity.
- Follow all OSHA and company established safety rules and procedures.
- Must comply with attendance policies and procedures.
- Follow all standard operating procedures will working at assigned positions.
- Work effectively and communicate and relate well with others. Maintain effective and constructive working relationships.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions
- Essential functions and responsibilities will also include following Supervisor directions and the additional requirements of the various jobs assigned