Organization: Ashley Furniture Industries
Position: Senior Store Designer
Location: Tampa, FL
Travel: Upwards of 20-30% travel required
Senior Store Designer
The Senior Store Designer is responsible for reviewing and creating complex 2D and 3D architectural plans and design documents accurately, efficiently, and within deadlines that align with brand objectives and ensure department-wide compliance. This position will lead design development, mentor, train, and oversee team members while executing on process improvement initiatives that further drive cost savings. Sr. Store Designer is responsible for managing multiple individual and team projects, purchasing store construction supplies and fixtures on behalf of the company. The Sr. Store Designer will collaborate with upline leadership to forecast and negotiate vendor pricing. The Sr. Store Designer will also partner with cross functional teams to evolve brand image and drive Ashley’s business strategies.
- Review and create intricate 2D and 3D architectural construction plans and design documents for both interior and exterior retail projects.
- Utilize and share comprehensive knowledge of the furniture retail industry as well as Ashley’s products, operations, and manufacturing to reinforce business strategies.
- Adapt Ashley’s brand objectives into complex, unique and varied retail projects. Responsible for schematic design, design development, and completion of the most detailed construction documents for multiple projects concurrently.
- Independently manage multiple individual and team projects at different stages of completion and varying complexity to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Record and communicate project status to necessary parties.
- Responsible for reviewing and redlining self-created construction documents to ensure accuracy and quality standards.
- Responsible for regularly reviewing and redlining peer-created construction documents to ensure department-wide compliance. Provide mentoring, coaching, and leadership to support other team members regarding the development, implementation, training, and maintenance of store design processes and procedures.
- Oversees the training and development of new team members. Travel to global retail locations and showrooms to lead onsite field verification and documentation to evaluate store condition, renewal state and conduct brand education.
- Travel to Enterprise retail locations, inspect construction quality and execution.
- Create and complete contractor punch lists.
- Travel to global retail locations and showrooms to lead onsite visual merchandising and store set up. Prepare and professionally conduct meetings and presentations with internal teams and/or external clients. Select and specify materials, finishes, fixtures, and signage. Develop and maintain vendor relationships including price negotiation and forecasting.
- Create and distribute purchase orders.
- Coordinate product logistics as needed. Create and adhere to budget estimates and lead cost-saving initiatives. Adhering to budget, purchase construction supplies and materials, fixturing, and signage for Enterprise store projects, on behalf of the company.
- Determine project schedules and manage project completion. Lead and delegate the development and execution of new retail concepts based on business strategies.
- Responsible for the development, documentation, and maintenance of department tools.
- Maintain working relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external clients to promote and ensure alignment with brand objectives
- Bachelor degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field
- 5+ years in an Interior Design or related field, preferably Retail, Required
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) certification, Preferred
- Advanced 3D visualization ability and advanced knowledge of the elements and principles of design
- Advanced experience in AutoCAD and Revit
- Advanced experience in Photoshop, Sketch-up, and Enscape
- Advanced experience in lighting design
- Proven proficiency to create 2D and 3D design drawings and renderings
- Advanced understanding of architectural details and specifications as used in construction documents
- Understanding of design and construction costs
- Understanding of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Advanced knowledge and skill of visual merchandising
- Exhibit strong leadership skills and big picture thinking
- Experience with and advanced knowledge of retail operations