The Automation Designer will work independently or with the team of Engineers, Technicians and component suppliers to design, build and operate machines. This position will design automation equipment and machines from concept through implementation. The design for machine building will include 3D associative solid models, detail drawings, weldment drawings and assemblies, 2D and 3D electrical drawings. The Automation Designer will accurately develop solid models of completely assembled products and detail parts including bill of materials (BOM). The Automation Designer will develop and maintain all 3D CAD drawings and work instructions. This position will work proactively with Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineers to ensure timely scheduling, production, cost savings and continuous improvement processes.
This position is responsible for independently evaluating, selecting and applying standard mechanical design techniques, procedures and criteria in solving technical problems pertaining to machine design and/or development, manufacturability, product quality and test or systems compatibility.
The Automation Designer will support manufacturing and assembly teams from a design and specifications role.
Who Are We?
- Draft solid models and prints based on the design drawing or rough drafted products. Ensure all components of the product are itemized while ensuring cost efficiency.
- Attend and assist at all rough mock-ups and first construction sessions of machines. Ensure the equipment is built according to print and make any revisions as necessary. Troubleshoot equipment design or engineering for problems and recommend solutions.
- Manage the project implementation by creating timelines for both manufactured and purchased components for new automation machines and equipment.
- Draw all 2D electrical schematics as well as 3D electrical design using 2D and 3D software with the assistance of the Automation Engineers and Technicians.
- Frequently interact with employees and operations management. Attend and actively participate in Product Development, Software, Assembly, Fab, Design, Programming and Quality meetings to provide basic information and/or detailed procedural explanations or technical responses in order to improve engineering and manufacturing processes and products.
- Complete engineering special projects including product improvement initiatives, product testing and assisting with standardizing engineering and manufacturing procedures, components, tooling, etc.
- Stay current with engineering concepts, participate in training on new releases of software, manufacturing techniques and quality concepts; train other individuals and departments in the same.
- Enter all machine drawings, electrical schematics, BOM’s into Machine manuals with the correct labeling as well as backed up in the correct locations.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.